ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

install update

its almost done now, well its all connected. Got the 6.5" speakers in the door and new tweeters in the dash, main part left is finishing the boot install. heres pics of the install so far.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mathewroberts/stereo/http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mathewroberts/stereo/

warning lots of pics may be slow on 56k dial up

Alpine 7894

Genesis 5 channel amp

DSL UR6s (6.5") components are running active using the amps crossovers

Alpine DDW F30A 12" sub

I have no rear fill or 6*9s and after running the fronts for 2 days i see no need for them, it already goes louder than I need it to:D

For anyone whos thinking of putting 6.5" speakers in the front be sure you really want them as its ALOT of work to get them in. From the pictures you can get an idea of whats involved, making an mdf adaptor ring so you can use 6.5" speakers, the original speaker basket has to be cut away and the worst part for me was getting new speaker wire from the car into the door. At this point I got stuck and had to get help from a mate. This invlved removing trim and taking the plug out of the door this was then drilled at one end to allow the speaker wire through.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Whos a cleever chap then !!

I presume that your gonna put another sheet if covered mdf over the amp and around the edge of the sub then !!

yeh thats my next job not decided if im going to cover the amp or have a perspex panel yet. the amp is very clever and has outputs to run fans to keep it all cool when i cover it up

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Id leave your self a breather hole somewhere near the amp though !!

I didnt and the air under there gets mighty hot after the amps been running for a while and you end up with condensation. Which = moisture when it cools and that mixed with mdf = soggy mdf !

The perspex route would look nice !!

that amps so big!

did u ever get half way through your install...with dash hanging off and wires everywhere and think "what the f**k am I doing" hehe:)

Ive decided Im gonna fit my components myself so i spose dash removal will be needed!

i drove to work for a week with no dash, and another week with no door trim. you have to take the dash off if you want to put the tweeters back in the original location. the only alternative is in the corners of the dash maybe at the bottom of the A piller, I wanted a stealthy install with nothing showing. I did get a bit pissed off in the midle stages where i had no music at all in the car, then I had a sub and standard rear speakers but this week its all coming together and im really happy with how it sounds. taken a long time to do it all though, oh and lots of cash. Extras like sound deadening, speaker wire, terminals, rcas soon add up

You dont have to take the dash out to put new tweeters in. I just took like the perfereted mesh pop out thing off and dropped the new tweeter in

I replaced all the speaker wiring to the tweeter and so had to take the dash out. also there was a bit of work to fasten the tweeters i bought into the original holes.