ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet paint - Paint stripper for prep or just clean?

Just about to spray a few parts but the inlet on mine came with some naff blue brush on paint and is not very neat around the letters, also the letters looked pitted. Anyone have any advice to make sure the job is done fairly neat?

IMG_0619.JPG

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
just stripping a set of inlet manifolds with an electric drill wire tool, and its doing a good job

Will then use gunk degreaser and jet wash, fine wire wool

Was then going to use suitable (Manifold) high temperature paint, probably silver, but if I use a different colour would spray the whole lot, then carefully file off the paint on the wording.

Unless someone can advise an alternative method

I have some spray paint stripper Ill try, its not bad it managed to just about get most off calipers with some scrubbing. This paint looks quite flaky so shouldnt be too bad really.

I would just get them blasted and powder coated too but a 6 quid job and some fun is a win for me. I missed the post today anyway, they said it will arrive today no time given so when you pop out for an hour you miss it

Why wont my inlet come off?! Ive done it a couple times already on this car but right now it wont budge. 2 bolts back and 5 front off, its as if all the bolts are still on...

Feels like it! I was the last one to put it on with a new gasket. I broke the carbon pipe thing as well so tomorrows job now haha

I left a goddamn bolt on! Well in fact I undone one on top the cam cover instead ? All off now though and broke map sensor :)