ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In the name of Science... (r32 vs 182)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi guys and girls,
I had a good drive around with a friend who has the new Golf R32.

We did about 5/6 standing starts. I never realised they had launch control!!!!:eek:

This is the only half decent one i got...it was pitch black but we're going out friday day so i'll get some proper ones then.

In my defence (excuse) his launches were seriously cool and once behind there is never a chance i can get back. On the few runs we didnt record,it was pretty neck and neck til 85 MPH where everytime the R32 powers past with ease. I got to the bottom of 3rd on a few runs and only half a car length behind which i was pretty impressed with.

Car sounded awesome...can't be a V6 note when gunning it.

So in summary...R32 is quicker with launch control all day long but if i get a slight jump when he doesn't use it,its neck and neck til 85-95 MPH.

Doing some rolling starts aswell next time. What do you guys think? Good effort or should of tried harder??

Ahh and just another video for comedy purposes only...you know who you are ;)

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Dubai182/?action=view&current=R32vs182.flv
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Dubai182/?action=view&current=sheikh.flv

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Look for the brake lights Andy...only a hint ;)

Oh please excuse my language at 7 seconds on the 2nd vid

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice one matey. love my old man's R, pulls like a train.

i thought your music was a GPS thingy.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Not wrong there Ali...literally passes me after 100 like i'm standing still....launch control is mega.... Rolling start from maybe 10MPH might be a bit closer i fancy.

Honda S2000
Good clips. Need light though and some proof of the neck and neck races wouldn't go amiss ;)

Also your language is appalling but you make up for it later on with the Woohoo... VERY funny lol

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Yep 4WD,launch control,V6,250BHP but weighs a small tank...1500kg.
So what do you guys think...good showing or properly thrashed?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Well i was quite impressed...nothing in it to 60MPH and then as expected he leaves me...can't do better than that...i shall return with some proper vids on Friday.

I feel i need to address young Kelly.... UK smoo K....get in the real world and drive here. I don't fancy your Cup without AC ty...poverty spec....pfttt ;)

Honda S2000
My dear boy, mine is clearly built for speed.

Also less of the young! I was driving around while you were still breastfeeding!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Oh yeah!! I forgot i met you at grab a granny...PMSL :)

And i think your mistaking breast feeding for foreplay ;)

Honda S2000
Why else were you in Squires on a Tuesday night! You clearly like the older women. Don't make me post pictures of you in there!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I had a play with one a few months back, and i couldn't keep up with it once we got going, i don't know what he had under the bonnet but it definatley wasn't standard.

M2 Competition
Hey dubai, lovely vids. Me and sarah were looking thru earlier, nice of you to give us access to your photobucket too fella!

She says your girlfriend has lovely tats ;) hehe!

(ps- sarah found it, not me, therefore im not allowed to take credit, or i risk... the faces)

Flame Red (172)
common get me A CLIO 6V...I'll burn him like hell....R32 is a 6 cyl car!!...get him a the clio 6v and let his "launch control" help him this time;)...hahaha

133/225/CLS AMG
The R32s are lovely motors, shame they are so expensive!! :(

Thing is, with 4x4 do they really need launch control???? The phase 2 Megane 225s have a form of launch control but thats through the front wheels. I'd have thought the Golf would of had enough traction to launch pretty successfully without it???

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I'll check the CD,it's from 'I love House'. It's so catchy,i'll let you know in a while.