ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Improved sound, OEM looks

04BGFF182CLIORS
Im assuming this has been covered many times before, but as usual the search function throws up a minefield of results.

My dilema - I like the OEM look of the standard headunit, my column controls and autochanger all work fine BUT the standard sound just isnt good enough.

I don't want pounding bass, just decent, crisp sound with a good amount of punch.

I know upgrading the head unit is easy option and will no-doubt improve the sound, but 99% of them look to...crap. (without spending £££ on something fancy that looks the part)

What improvements will I see from upgrading the speakers all round, keeping the standard HU? Are there any OEM/+ headunits with more power?

:approve:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
One option which I considered before selling the Clio was to fit a new headunit in the glove box and leave the standard unit in as a 'dummy'.

Still considering it for the Megane but the fact you can fit a double din unit means it's far easier to get a nice looking unit.

Polo + Micra
an alpine ktp-445u then upgrade the speakers if you want too

i've got a ktp-445 in my polo and it's pretty loud and clear even with standard speakers

172 Phase II
Underseat active subwoofer already changes a lot. Takes the signal from the back speakers and only "plays" the low notes. And then you can upgrade the speakers to a better brand.

04BGFF182CLIORS
I had thought about an underseat woofer', but wasn't sure If I would just get a blur of bass with no real mid/top.

Alpine unit looks interesting, how was it to install?

A.N. Other
I put 6.5" Hertz ones (on MDF spacers) upfront, and although disappointing initially they've loosened up lately & are punchier. I'd like to put a mid-bass in the rear positions now.

Polo + Micra
mine took 10 mins but i do have an alpine head unit so was plug and play

i'd say i could install a ktp-445u in well under an hour to a standard h/u in a clio