ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC One S Black Finish Fail

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I got one of these around 2weeks ago, the phone is great, I'm really enjoying it. However along the top edge this supposed 5x more durable than stainless steel finish is chipping away.

It's had a case on it since day one so I'm not happy. A quick search on the net shows that nearly all the phones are suffering from the same problem. I phoned HTC UK and they don't seem to be aware of the problem and just said take it back to p4u.

Properly poor, as I don't want the phone replaced and the same thing happening, anyone know if its something that HTC are sorting or should I just exchange the phone, if I can.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
But I like to keep it shiny until inevitably smash it to pieces Cookie.

That's the one Blighty.

2001 Clio 172
Wait for a possible fix from HTC (which will be ages or never happen imo) or get a cover.

You could try complaining to them and see if they swap the handset for you, as apparently it's just a certain batch of handsets. Worth a try if you ask me.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
HTC are still f**king me about with this, why the f**k didn't I get the iPhone it was the same price!
HTC have organised collection 4 times now and failed all 4 times to actually collect it ffs. No amount of ranting seems to sort anything out. Om going to end up throwing in the bin,as now it keeps crashing etc.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
First HTC phone I've had problems with out of 5. You're right though this complete tat :( that wasn't really cheap.

Polo + Micra
seems strange i had dust behind my sensation screen

picked up by ups friday back on tuesday better than before the dust:approve:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
HTC are usually excellent to deal with, i have sent phones back to them and they always pick them up and they drop them off in a nice box and a few days later you get a phone call asking you if you are happy.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've had all the phone calls, staff have been pleasant but the messing me about with pick-ups is pissing me off, verifying my address is getting tiresome now.