ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how the hell do you change the headlight bulb?

clio 197, mazda rx7
one of my headlight bulbs have blown and ive been stop by the police twice :mad:, now yesterday i attempted to change the bulb but cant get my hand round the back of the unit (drivers side), so i thought id get the unit out but it looks like i need to take off the front bumper!
has/does any one know changed a bulb in a mark 3 (i assume there all the same incl the 197).
any help would be greatly apprietiated :)

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
it was a b*****d to do in my 172 (no bumper off though) so no doubt it will be harder on the mk3.

how much were you raped for the bulb out of intrest?

clio 197, mazda rx7
it was a b*****d to do in my 172 (no bumper off though) so no doubt it will be harder on the mk3.

how much were you raped for the bulb out of intrest?

what do you mean how much was i raped for a bulb?

they didnt do anything, just moaning and then delayed me for 20 mins, doing all the checks they even breathalised me t.w.a.t.s, they kept asking me why why why havent i changed it yet.

ive got to take the bumper off then i suppose :(, as im not gonna take it to a garage and let then ripe me off over a flippin bulb. i mean how stupid are renault for making it so f***king complicated to change a bulb

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
they guestimate that poorly designed bumpers cost consumers some thing stupid like 4 billion quid a year in extra labour costs. but its some thing to do with the safety crash stuff and fitting the biggest engine into the smallest gap/ making cabin space bigger withought making wheelbase longer, makes the engine bays more and more cramped.

200sx s14a
i always believed it was car makers making it hard for average joe off the street to repair his own car. which in turn makes them more cash through labour

FF Blackgold 182

how much were you raped for the bulb out of interest?

I think MillerLight was asking how much you were raped at the stealers for a new bulb, not raped by the police.

RX8 231 + New Focus CC3
Have you looked for a plate in the arch liner as this is how you easily(ish) change the headlight bulbs on the Megane...

Ad

MK2 FRS
Have you looked for a plate in the arch liner as this is how you easily(ish) change the headlight bulbs on the Megane...

easily(ish) doesnt even come into it... you need to have long stick insect arms! lol Even then its an arse of a job. Anyhow, thought it was the stardard way with the 197.

Clive the Clio no. 2
Dont know if tis is similar, but i recently changed a bulb on a non rs mk3 and it was quite difficult, you dont need to pull the bumper of, you just need somebody with small hands (girlfriend) e.t.c who can reach down and pop the back off.

A Euro'd one...
When i fitted a HID kit to mine i had to take the bumper of. There is one bolt on the side (10mm) behind the arch liner, a few plastic trims along the top of the bumper and a few torx screws along the bottom. Bumper of seems like the easist option unless you have skinny hands.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
After the bulb went a few weeks ago i realised that its not actualy the bulb but the plastic housing around the bulb that you change...

Ph1 172

clio 197, mazda rx7
When i fitted a HID kit to mine i had to take the bumper of. There is one bolt on the side (10mm) behind the arch liner, a few plastic trims along the top of the bumper and a few torx screws along the bottom. Bumper of seems like the easist option unless you have skinny hands.

i take it you have a mark 3???
i wana get a HID kit, where have you put the little box's?