ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is would this service be? (roughly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking at a Clio 182 Cup to buy, the one im looking at needs two new tyres, so I will need that done asap.

But it will also need a service in about 4000 miles (its at 42000 atm).

So how much would the usual service be INCLUDING 4 new brake pads and an anti freeze top up.

Im new to Clio sports, so Im not familiar with the service costs. So how much am I looking at here roughly?

Thanks! :)

172 cup
Can vary massively dependant on the people who do it..
I would ring around a couple of places in your area to get a good idea.
Do the brake pads yourself too doesn't take long and will save you monies that you could invest in some better pads or put towards the cost of your impending service.

Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate the cost will vary, I was just after a rough idea. ie. £200, £400....

Are the pads easy to do? Bearing in mind I have NO experience with automotive servicing etc.

EDIT: What sort of pads would I want for general road use. I wont want any high performance race pads etc

A Flamin' Red one
This is a cut and paste from a quote I had a lovely lady at my local dealership email me, for just front pads and discs...

1.3 hours labour (£95.00+vat per hour)
1 X 77 01 207 829 - discs £91.07+vat
4X 77 03 004 176 - bolts £1.76+vat (each)
1X 77 01 209 380 - pads £42.41+vat
Total cost, inc parts, labour and vat - £302.56inc

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Has it had an aux belt been changed as they are rec on 36k. They are fairly costly to do as well.

Cambelt is also rec @ 5 years or 72k of which if you have an early 182 will be required also if not already done.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
This is a cut and paste from a quote I had a lovely lady at my local dealership email me, for just front pads and discs...

1.3 hours labour (£95.00+vat per hour)
1 X 77 01 207 829 - discs £91.07+vat
4X 77 03 004 176 - bolts £1.76+vat (each)
1X 77 01 209 380 - pads £42.41+vat
Total cost, inc parts, labour and vat - £302.56inc

What a complete rip off.

£95 p/h???????????????????????????

A Flamin' Red one
Couldn't agree more. My mechanic is doing it for £177 all in! What does your dealer charge per hour out of interest?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
kwick fit are doing good deals on services and they use the correct mobile 1 oil.
also if you get pads done with them u get replacement pads for life.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
I recently just servied my clio got my tyres "barum" 2 got £100 as a deal, good enough tyres. my brakes was going to cost £87 got for £52 as a different deal, anti freeze top up anyone can do it, just look it up online for the correct ratio of antifreeze to water, changed sparkplugs myself not sure how much it was again, but you only need like 2/3 tools, just be careful when taking them out and putting them in. No harm in looking at youtube turtorials or whatever would always help. I'd probably leave the brake pads if i was you though, not as easy as other things and maybe plugs if you not confident. But i think anywhere between £200 and £400 to be honest, shop around don't have to get all your work done in one garage :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I was a little confused when i seen the OP name then i seen the date haha

182 ff
go to your local renault dealer ask for clio sport service parts discount(they claim it back from renault)plugs, air filter oil filter(discount not on oil)call collin west renault on here ( traders section) he will do good deal on all other parts(maybe ask for clio sport discount parts too)
i just got rear dics and pads from him.or pop local dealer see what discount u can get if u get parts from them get fittted and service.
say u will come back in the future,i do only get charged £50 an hour.when u buyin the clio tell them all stuff needs doing and the cost mite get money knocked off

Im looking at a Clio 182 Cup to buy, the one im looking at needs two new tyres, so I will need that done asap.

But it will also need a service in about 4000 miles (its at 42000 atm).

So how much would the usual service be INCLUDING 4 new brake pads and an anti freeze top up.

Im new to Clio sports, so Im not familiar with the service costs. So how much am I looking at here roughly?

Thanks! :)

go to your local renault dealer ask for clio sport service parts discount(they claim it back from renault)plugs, air filter oil filter(discount not on oil)call collin west renault on here ( traders section) he will do good deal on all other parts(maybe ask for clio sport discount parts too)
i just got rear dics and pads from him.or pop local dealer see what discount u can get if u get parts from them get fittted and service.
say u will come back in the future,i do only get charged £50 an hour.when u buyin the clio tell them all stuff needs doing and the cost mite get money knocked off

you're only 4 and a half years late, that car has been and long gone lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.