ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for a garage to simply fit tyres to alloys?

How much do you reckon a garage should/would charge to fit 4 tyres to some alloys?

I have some shiny new AD08s and want them fitted to my shiny new TD 1.2s, and balanced etc.

£20? £30?

I have no idea, but it's only a 5-10min job if that.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Our place charges £5 a wheel, as long as they're not fitting them to a car.

If they're fitting them to a car then its £10 a wheel.

And lol @ 5 -10 minute job!

Nah, I'll be turning up in an estate with everything in the back, turn up, fit tyres....chuck them back in the car.

I swear it's never been much longer than that when I had tyres swapped over on the Clio.

Titanium 182
If you find a friend... or even a friend of a friend, it could cost you very little! My friend owns a garage so I get it for free ;) but he'd usually charge around £5 p/wheel to be fitted and balanced.

Best bet is to go to your local garage and try and charm them over - a crate of beers could sweeten the deal, but that might cost you more than the job itself? lol

Oh and of course don't forget some garage's won't fit supplied tyres at all, so call around before you make the trip!

It'll look nice on the 1.2's - make sure you get some pictures up when they're done - although I guess with you, this goes without saying! :)

Ph2 Clio 172
Everywhere around me charges £14 per corner for new tyres fitted and balanced and put back on the car. Never done it on wheels not fitted to anything, but I can't imagine it being much cheaper.