ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I turn my car alarm off manually ?

When I lock it using the plip thingy (so the alarms set) all is fine until some plum comes past with a loud exhaust or stereo etc, this means that the car alarm goes off, it does it quite a lot:dapprove:

As i'm off to sarfend tomorrow night, I just want to turn it off for a bit, I need to have the car locked too.

Can this be done ??

Last time I went there I got fed up with it going off (so did everyone else) so I left it unlocked while we stood round.

Thanks.

S4 Avant
turn the ignition on and off twice then lock with the fob, does it for mine.

my alarms fucked, so it won't lock without it going off, i have to turn it off every time i lock it:mad:

LY V6 with Recaros
You turn the key in the ignition 3 or 4 times (can't remember which it is, I just to 4 to make sure!) Then when you lock it it beeps 4 times so you know it's worked. I have to do this quite often at night as the damn thing always goes off!!

I don't think it turns the whole alarm off, just the interior sensors but it stops it from going off everytime someone with a loud exhaust goes past.

BMW M135i
You turn the key in the ignition 3 or 4 times (can't remember which it is, I just to 4 to make sure!) Then when you lock it it beeps 4 times so you know it's worked. I have to do this quite often at night as the damn thing always goes off!!

I don't think it turns the whole alarm off, just the interior sensors but it stops it from going off everytime someone with a loud exhaust goes past.
Its ignition on/off twice and it deactives the volumetrics like you say. The alarm is still active perimiter wise.

Golf TDI
does this mean if you turn the ignition on/off twice that it mutes the siren ?? would the lights still flash ? if someone with a loud exhaust went past ?

Skinny J, yeah mate, they love the bodykit ;)

Come down, there's loads of us going.

Come & show me later please, it's going to drive you lot nuts !

Skinny J, yeah mate, they love the bodykit ;)

Come down, there's loads of us going.

Meh, last time i went there was a few years ago tbh. I get my fill of the "cruse scene" at maccy d's on a thursday night. I work sundays, have a good chuckle there though.

BMW M135i
does this mean if you turn the ignition on/off twice that it mutes the siren ?? would the lights still flash ? if someone with a loud exhaust went past ?
It disables the interior sensors, the alarm will still trigger as normal if someone were to open the doors/boot/bonnet just it wouldn't go off if someone smashed a window for example only if they opened the door. The V6 alarm seems to suffer from oversensitivity a lot on the ultrasonics part.

Golf TDI
It disables the interior sensors, the alarm will still trigger as normal if someone were to open the doors/boot/bonnet just it wouldn't go off if someone smashed a window for example only if they opened the door. The V6 alarm seems to suffer from oversensitivity a lot on the ultrasonics part.

oh ok thanks , trying to solve my alarm problem see :rolleyes:

Well I say I did it, someone who knows what they are doing did it, I just stood & watched. They announced that mine doesn't do it.