ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi - New To CS

Corsa C SRI 1.8
Hi Everyone,
As title say's,Im new to CS and thought i would introduce myself.I know there is a section to do this but it doesnt look very busy to say the least and im also after a little advice Etc aswell so i thought it would be much better off in here.

Anyhow my names Craig and im from Carlisle ( Ive noticed there's quite a few members from or around here which is a real shock i must say:eek: ) Most people havent even heard of it :lolup:

I dont currently have a Clio but i am planning on getting one rather soon (Before the French Car Show,If poss?) This isnt going to do me any favours as ive just joined..............But i currently drive a Corsa C SRI 1.8
DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0135.gif

Here's a quick Video of it on the move aswell;
th_DSCF0247.jpg

It's going up for sale sometime Next Week and then (If insurance allows?) Im wanting a Clio Trophy:)

Can anybody give me any tip's &advice when going to buy one.Any common faults Etc?Also how much do you think Insurance will be & How much are you lot paying?

Im 19 (20) In August clean license 2 Yrs NCB (In May)

I drove a 182 the other day at work and fell in love,There awesome:)

Your help & advice Etc is much appreciated.

Regards
Craig

53 Clio's & counting
Hi and welcome mate!

A trophy combined with the insurance will be quite costly, i would suggest maybe a ph2 172, which you can pick a tidy one up for £3500, which will start you off well, the insurance would be slightly cheaper i would imagine too

ive just turned 21 and its alot to insure on my own. not worth it but I may try again when I get my 4 years no claims and now that im 21 it should come down to a more reasonable price.
good luck to you anyway and hope you enjoy your clio

Corsa C SRI 1.8
Hi and welcome mate!

A trophy combined with the insurance will be quite costly, i would suggest maybe a ph2 172, which you can pick a tidy one up for £3500, which will start you off well, the insurance would be slightly cheaper i would imagine too

Thanks Mate.

:(

If im going to get a Clio it has to be a Trophy though,I love them especially the seats.

We shall see....

I'm 21. Pay somewhere between £450 and £1500 pounds a year

I would be willing to pay upto £1600 TBH although proberly a little more at a stretch.

Ive just turned 21 and its alot to insure on my own. Not worth it but I may try again when I get my 4 years no claims and now that im 21 it should come down to a more reasonable price.
Good luck to you anyway and hope you enjoy your clio

Thanks Buddy.

Clio 182
I'm 26 with 2 years no claims and I pay well into a four figure sum for my insurance. My previous insurance company don't even insure 182s - stating 'they are a term 3 car' which we don't insure due to the risk!

Absolute first thing to do is get insurance prices before getting your hopes up.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Need deeeeeep pockets to insure a group 15+ car under 25
20-£1400 21- £930 22-£695

Thats almost x3 the value of my car in insurance lol.

But low raod tax saves me £100 a year

SG9 Forester STi
Tbh you're not going to get anything that's classed as cheap insurance, my quotes for a 182 were around the 3k mark and I'm 21 :S

Clio RS 172 Cup blue
im 21 2 years not claims, on my 172cup its 800 fully comp a year. with flux direct.....

but ive had lancia delta's, audi tt 225, vts's so maybe thats helped me. i di have a 172 cup when i was 19 and 3rd party fire n theft was 1900....

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
I think it does help driving a faster car. When I went to insure the old mans slk 350 they asked me what car I drive and because I had a high insurance group car with no claims the premium was over £700 cheaper to add me but it was still £1300 to add me as a driver lol.

Also how long you ownd a car makes for cheaper insurance

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good luck getting the car you want, speak to the 'right' insurance companies and not the usual ones!

Corsa looks nice mate, always liked the gearbox and the steering in the sri's.

Should be a good step up if you can afford the insurance, if not on a trophy then get some quotes for ph1/2 172's

BG 182 FF
hope you get a trophy they are awesome, my insurance for my sport is about 1100 i was 20 when i took it out with 3 years no claims

Corsa C SRI 1.8
Well a had a quick browse around the the day and when i say quick it really was short lived.Cheapest quote i found was £3700:(

As you can imagine im certainly not willing to pay that.Why are they so much?

The Corsa i have now is proberly running the same power as a 172 with all the mod's declared & im only paying £1600.

Looks like im going to get myself a 106 GTI for now and wait a while and try again for a Clio.

It's the next best thing i can think of to a Clio,Plus ive always wanted one since i was about 15.

Ive been quoted £930 to insure one which IMO is very good so....

BG Clio 182
I'm 21 with 2 years no claim, it cost me 800 quid TPFT. I didnt even try looking for anything with a bit of peformance before...as most insures just bite your head off.

SG9 Forester STi
Try HIC insurance, they have a modified scheme and I found my quotes were better with them.