ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Everyone just joined, These are my plans

Track 172 & Golf R32
hi everyone ive just joined i thought id share my plans with everyone...

i have a 2002 silver clio dynamique, i make it look like a 172 sport because as im 18 i cant afford to insure the real thing over wise i would have just bought one in the 1st place so i want the closest thing to it i plan to definatley change :

- the wheels to either the 16'' 172 5 spoke wheels or the 182 anthractie ones
- colour code the black bumper trim
- up rate the suspension for stiffer and lower spring

maybe change:

- the front and rear bumpers along with the side skirts to the same ones as the 172
- convert to the 172 exhausts

please give me your opinions on anyhting else i should do or anything i shouldnt bover doing

thanks

mini cooper (RIP 172)
wecome to CS

ive gota say, dont bother, just keep the car mint and a few nice mod maybe and save your ££ so in a few years you can get a 172/182 if you still want one!

or better still buy a rep that someone else has already made;)

Track 172 & Golf R32
yeh i was just thinkin bout the wheels really thats all and il keep the original 15'' for when it comes to selling it

MK6 Fez Zetec S
Get a couple of years ncb then stick the 182 lump in and go for the sleeper look!! that would shock a few scoobies lol

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
can you afford the insurance all mods declared? Id go with robs'172 idea really. save your money on both the insurance and cost of modding and get an rs later. Most id do is alloys and lower a tad.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to CS :)

Nice to see you have made detailed plans on what you're gonna do. Obviously parts like wheels can be changed and sold on easily enough so by all means do those.

In regards to what everyone else is saying, i would advise you to find out the total cost of making a (full on) rep and insuring it first. If It's within your budget and you plan to keep it for a while then i don't see a problem in going forward with it.

It's just not really worth it if you plan on upgrading as soon as you can.