ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here we go again.. Electrical Fault light.

172 Cup
Guys,

the Electrical Fault light has started to come which inturn puts the Cup into some sort of safety mode not allowing it to accelerate as normal.

I turn the car off, restart it, and within minutes it's happened again. Once this happens 3 times, a light on the right hand side of the dash illuminates in the shape of an engine. As soon as the car revs to over 4k rpm the safety mode cuts in again. It's infuriating!!! This happens mostly when the car is hot if I am stuck in traffic, but it happened this morning on the way to work and it was only about 11 degrees outside.

Your thoughts / solutions would be greatly appreciated..!

James.

Monaco 172 sport
I had the same symptoms and it would not show the fault up on the diagnostic machine at first. It could be a wide range of problems mine was a problem in the throttle potentiometer cicuits and they had to rewire that circuit. Is it still under warranty ? Best thing is to get it into and on a tester to see if the ecu has logged anthing. Not much help i know but best i can suggest

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
spark plugs
coil pack
throttle body
ecu wiring
dodgey sensor somewhere

transit van, ph2 172
try disconecting and reconecting the throttle pedal with the ignition off mate it maybe a bad conection there,

172 Cup
All helpful guys, thanks. It's booked in to a dealer next week for a diagnostic test. Annoying though as I described the symptoms over the phone to the service guy and he sounded like he didn't have a clue!

BMW M135i
Wants the fault codes reading before stabbing in the dark tbh, so your going down the right route. Could be anything, needs narrowing down.

172 Cup
The lights have now gone out and it's running fine again! Flew all the way to work this morning no problems..! The induction system is loving the cooler mornings too! :)