ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with a Spare key

clio alize mk2
Hi guys..can anybody help me out.1999 1.4 Alize mk2..the remote key fob is playing up..it will unlock the doors by remote but more times than not it will not start the engine.The second key we have works every time with locking/unlocking and engine start,so assuming problem is with main key.
Went to Renault stealers and they want to charge me £150+ for a new key/fob and programing,which seems extortionate.
Have trawled fleabay and lots of people are selling identical keys as ours..what would i need to do if i bought one to get it working on our car.Local auto-locksmith tells me that new keys are a 1 programe only so cannot be be reset to another car after initial programe,so I am now really confused as to solution..don,t want to spend £150+,so any advise would be great.Thanks alot