ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - think my garage are ripping me off

Right - as my post in Exterior last week detailed, my car refused to start last week. Having got home at 2am and parked up (didnt drive any different to normal beforehand, never had any trouble with it so far) it just wouldnt start at 7.30am the next morning. It would happily turn over but not catch.

Having checked the fuses and swapped the ECU, there wasnt much else I could do.

Called the recovery people and theyve taken it back to their garage.

On the call out he thought it could be the immobiliser. (the main lead into the dizzy apparently wasnt sparking against the bodywork when unplugged and held next to it.)

On the first phone call the next day he thought it was the coil pack. (having had it read by laptop)

Today I apparently have a broken wire somewhere on that side as you jiggle them about and it starts but dies on you halfway up the road.

This sounds like just about the dodgiest f***ing reason in the world and Im concerned that its bullsh!t and theyre about to try and charge me some massive amount of money for an Auto-electrician but actually do f*** all to the car other than solder something or replace some part worth pennies.

Anyone an auto-electrician? Or got a trailer and a tow-car? Or recommend a course of action? Right now Im struggling to contain my massive cycnicism and not come across as actually wanting to say "Yeah, b*ll*cks mate"...

well it does sound like the coil mate tbh honest and if its a loose wire were talkin about here it dont take a rocket scientist to reconnect it!!!!

i think there doin you a gooden, ask for the car bak and test it yourself to see what happens, coils arnt that much to buy or to fit so if they start comin up with stupid figures tell em to b*ll*cks like u sed!!!

hope this helps and hope im right lol or else ill look like a complete twit, more than i do already ;)

megane coupe F7R

Id get ya car back mate. Im having simular probs wiv mine at the mo. Ive got an electrical problem which causes the car to stutter and the rev counter to go ape sh*t. It died on me about 3 weeks ago. Got it sorted and now its doing it again. Anyway, if its your coil/dizzy/leads/plugs. They are all very easy jobs so dont let them do it. Coil is 2 screws and connect the ht lead.

Sort it mate:)