ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help someone stupid today feel goood about yourself...

FTO GPX Mivec
right,

clio172cup

want to replace front speakers (not tweaters) and rear speakers on car.
will be buying a new HU. possigbly (jvc kd-avx33 http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jvc-kdavx33-p-5778.html?cadid=98ecd78f289aed5467b7bc9a0f42b02e) or (jvc kd-avx2 http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jvc-kdavx2-p-4907.html?cadid=98ecd78f289aed5467b7bc9a0f42b02e)

not wanting a base box or any amps cuz thats over my head just looking to improve the overall sound system.

please can some one recommend a good set of speakers for the front and back, just want to be able to plug and play on existing wiring if possible.

please keep the language in english as technical terms is double dutch :)

budget for speakers £100-150 if that helps.

Thanks for your help all, look forward to your recomendations.

PS. any ice installers around worcestershire area want to earn a couple of quid to install get in touch! cheers.

Sunburn.:rasp:

alpine type r's?

just bought them for mine, mine are amped with an alpine HU as well, sound is fantastic.

theyre from caraudiosecurity as well

jamie

"Navy" N17 TWO
heya mate :)

Are you limited to a JVC HU (head unit) ?

nope not at all, just liked the looks of them thats all... i know i know not the best reason to buy a hu hehehe :)

That's exactly why most people buy JVC's - I was one of them! :eek:

I had one of their top-end models before I went for an Alpine.
Loads of features on the JVCs - but do nothing more than flash lots of fancy lights at you, and their menu's are awful!

Alpine, Pioneer, Becker or Clarion head units are really good

"Navy" N17 TWO
Once again depends on your budget, but you could do it bit-by-bit and add as you go along.

First of all go for a good set of components in the front and get a decent wiring kit :) the standard size is 13cm, but bigger speakers can be fitted with some fabrication.
After that I would upgrade the rear speakers to 13cm coaxils if you didn't want to get a sub straight away.