ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed - locked out of car

Track 172cup
haha yeh Ali it's getting more and more tempting !!

i'm running out of options so i'm just going to have to give the bending the door out another go tomorrow, i was planning to go down the window switch route if i could have got the door bent out enough today but as said i failed miserably as i was worried about denting the roof while getting leverage to bend it out

you could well be right about the key fob and ignition missing link

cheers again lads the advice is much appreciated !

Track 172cup
seal on the rear door ? you mean window mate ?

i did think about trying to take either back window or rear window out but i'll wait and see

going to get a wedge of wood cut out tonight and find a rod/cane to use and get back on it tomorrow morning and try and do what you first suggested mate, will be putting the ignition on through the reverse switch and trying to push down the window switch on the door

Vee 6
If your worried about marking the paint.... Most of the break in kits nowadays use a flat inflatable bag/wedge. (Keep meaning to buy one of the Snap on rep)

It won't mark the paint and deflated slips in the gap with ease.

Maybe worth a check of your local garage's to see if you could get a loan of one.

http://www.lockpickshop.com/AO65.html

Last edited:
  Track 172cup
cheers for the link mate

managed to get the door wedged out and a metal bar in to push the window switch down, for whatever reason (with the ignition on) the windows aren't going down

i've spoken to a couple of auto lock smiths and they have just advised me that it would be easier to put the window in and just replace it so that's the route i'll be going down

just need to find out how much the windows are to replace and what one is easiest to replace (either front or rear side windows) ???

Vee 6
Gaz you hooligan LOL

Maybe worth sending Burp a PM, He's a RAC guy ( I think ) I know these guy's have Info CD's about getting into locked cars.

Nearly got a copy off a AA guy once, You wouldn't believe how they do some of this stuff.

New transits, Can be back fed at the drivers mirror and pop the doors open !!!!!!

Last edited:
  Track 172cup
cheers again bud i've sent him a PM, don't worry Gaz if the window gets put in i'll get a few pics especially for you !

Track 172cup
If your putting the window through, use tape 1st so that glass dosnt go everywhere

yeh cheers mate got the tape ready, headin to ma mates for a drink in few min so if nobody has any other bright ideas by tomorrow morning i'll be doing it then

cheers for all the help anyway gents ;)

Evo 8 MR
With regards to the window switch method, doesn't only the offside switch work when the engine isn't running, it was the drivers side you tried right?

172 Race Car
doesnt anyone read profiles, i train dolphins for a living, not work on cars on the side of the road.

But if i did then i would also suggest the reverse light method to power ignition & drop the drivers window. or use a long rod to press the lock button (after you have wedged a door open of course, we use plastic wedges but a door stop is ideal)

you cant cut a window out coz they are bonded in.

ph1 172
jack the front up high...get under it with a big long screwdriver, then you can move the bonnet release mechanism.. with alot of difficulty but it can be done.

clio 172 luna speedl
Pull the top of the door away with wedges and bend a coat hanger to pull the door lever open. Piss easy mate

Track 172cup
got fed up with the faffin about so the windows been smashed and i'm in eventually !

cars now nicely tucked away in my garage thawing out, will stick a few pics just for Gaz later tonight ;)

Track 172cup
sounds like a lot of fun this car!!

do you have the engine now by the way?

haha yeh i know mate, well tbh i knew about the door lock and i should have just left it unlocked and disconnected the battery so it's partly my fault :eek:

nah i don't have it yet mate, been speaking to Fred over the past month or 2 but he's been too busy to get it packed up and on a pallet so i can arrange pick up

Track 172cup
Pics as promised :p

Before

IMG_1102.jpg

Taped up

IMG_1103.jpg

After

IMG_1104.jpg

Managed to keep the glass in 'mainly' one piece to reduce the mess

IMG_1106.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah well mate, needs must and all that.

Windows are cheap cheap mate.

Track 172cup
yeh exactly mate, i exhausted all other options i could think of and not really a big deal tbh as theres no other damage done as as you said the windows are cheap

just happy it's in the garage now so i can start working on it !

Oil Burner
i dunno if the cups have sunroofs or not.

Could you not have drilled out the latch side of the sunroof lever (black plastic square in the actual glass piece) This would then, with some encouragement, release the sunroof, and simply lift it out.

I have no idea if you can drill out the catch on the sunroof, but being french i'm guessing its probably a suitably poor design.

If you don't have a sunroof i hate you. (currently fixing sunroof... in the rain)