ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat Wrap

Skoda Fabia vRS

where can you buy this from ?

and can you wrap the whole exhaust system ?......like from the manifold to the back box ?

or can you not do the centre section etc cos it will get covered in crap off the road

BMW 320d Sport

The only bit that needs doing is the manifold and possibly the downpipe if you really want to go to town. The rest of the system doesnt get hot enough.

Demon Tweeks have it in their catalogue. Beware though it is very tricky stuff unless your manifold is a very simple shape, and you will find that if you leave even the tiniest gap or double wrap some parts by accident youll get hotspots on the manifold. Mine started glowing bright red.

Williams 2, STi N12

I got it for my willy, I would say it is well worth doing!! I did it whilst the engine was out so it wasnt too bad to do properly. Need your own circlips though as it just comes as the wrap. Smokes like a b**ch for the first couple of runs but nothing to worry about.

Williams 2, STi N12

Well I fitted it at the same time as my exhaust and bespoke air filter/ inductio kit, so I cant really say performance wise. Theorectically it will keep the gases hoter for longer so then get out faster, a few pops and bangs on over-run. The bonnet vent is aimed at keeping the manifold cool so the wrap helps this aswell and the temps are a lot cooler except for long runs of course.

Fitted it to my Westfield, helps reduce under bonnet temperature. When you apply it wet it a little just enough to make it damp goes on a lot easier. Wear gloves as well it made me itch.