ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit/digital display wiring help needed

Monaco 172
Hello,

Right, I'm trying to put a standard head unit back into my Clio (mk2 ph2) 172. The problem I've got is I believe the digital display isn't working. Before I go and pay for a new one could anyone run through me what cables are what and if everything is as it should.

Also I have some random mystery wires that I would love to find out what they are and why they're there.

I have the basics....

2 ISO blocks for one for sound and one for power
Yellow plug - display and stalk
Blue plug - cd changer?

I also have a random white plug and some black and red wires bundled up but not going anywhere.

As soon as my mobile photo bucket sorts it's life out I'll upload some pictures.

Monaco 172
Random white plug

IMG00593-20120329-1857.jpg

Monaco 172
B@llocks! Read a bit more from a search and realised its run on bulbs. I thought what are the chances that both bulbs have gone? Well turns out the have. On the plus side I can put my dash back together tonight but on the other hand I am really regretting buying a new display unit on eBay late last night :mad:

Oh well live and learn I suppose.

Off to Halfrauds on my lunch in search of bulbs.

Monaco 172
In case anyone was wondering the bulb is a '286'

Would love to know if anyone has any ideas what the white plug or black and red cables are?

Monaco 172
Oops - pulled it out the holder and fitted a 286, seemed to work ok.

So it doesn't matter if I get rid?

I also made the school boy error of buying an update list stereo instead of a tuner list stereo :/

From what i can see it has 3 wires hardwired? Ignition, permanent and earth which is fine to remove. The long length of cable will havr been from a seperate speaker as it looks like a long length of cable.

Monaco 172
Ok cheers for that :)

I'm gonna attack it Sunday, just won a Cabasse tuner list stereo on ebay so hopefully that will arrive asap.