ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone fitted an armrest (MK2)?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I thought about this a while ago I think it would be best to fabricate a bracket that bolts to the bottom of the seat runners. I see no way to mount the pictured one as there isn't a gearbox tunnel like it appears to be designed for.

No gearbox tunnel? I'll have to take a look in my car, but I thought that was pretty normal for all cars to have, and it to be extended at least all the way down to the end of the front seats.
Probably only makes it a nightmare if it isn't position correctly in relation to the handbrake, if it's too far forward I'd imagine there will be problems.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm almost certain that won't fit easily.

And you'll need to lift it up each time you want to use the hand brake.

It'll make impressing bitches in car parks awkward to impossible.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
No gearbox tunnel? I'll have to take a look in my car, but I thought that was pretty normal for all cars to have, and it to be extended at least all the way down to the end of the front seats.
Probably only makes it a nightmare if it isn't position correctly in relation to the handbrake, if it's too far forward I'd imagine there will be problems.
in a rear wheel drive car with a longitudinally mounted engine yes. The clio like most modern cars is transverse mounted so doesn't have a driveline/gearbox tunnel, only a small bump for the exhaust tunnel.

In my golf the arm rest was beautiful when cruising but had to be raised when driving in town. Would like to see one fitted though.

In my golf the arm rest was beautiful when cruising but had to be raised when driving in town. Would like to see one fitted though.
I've experienced it in a Golf too. In the same way, the sliding armrest had to be moved all the way back out of the way because it came over the handbrake too far making it hard to use.
I'm probably going to do some measurements and workout how this will fit. But of course, if there isn't any tunnel, then the bracket will need to sit on something else that is drilled into the floor, or bracket needs to be fixed to something else.

in a rear wheel drive car with a longitudinally mounted engine yes. The clio like most modern cars is transverse mounted so doesn't have a driveline/gearbox tunnel, only a small bump for the exhaust tunnel.
I had a look today, and there is a tunnel, albeit not a very big one, but there's one there. I just need to take some measurements of it and see if this thing can comfortable fit. There is a way to adjust the height of the arm rest itself for varying tunnel sizes.