ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a disaster fitting exhaust yesterday...

Audi S3 225
Thought I had an easy task of fitting my new standard Reno exhaust I bought from Ebay onto my mk1 172, but I was so wrong! The annoying thing was, I couldn’t find any wd-40 so it was a pain in the ass getting the bolts off and not only that I couldn’t get the middle pipe disconnected from the backbox (Ktec system btw).

I was so stressed by this point and not thinking straight I forgot it was in gear and I turned the key to put some music on and the car jolted forward and it fell of both axle stands with one of the stands piecing a hole into my side skirt!!! That got ripped of so now I need a new side skirt GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Not only that I had no alternative but to cut the ktec exhaust off as I couldn’t get it apart and it wouldn’t come out in 1 piece. Once cut off and thrown against the garage wall and dented I went to fit the new Reno exhaust backbox, it went on fine, middle pipe went on and OH NO! it didn’t fit it was a whole 2 inches too small OMG I went crazy and started smashing stuff up till my old man threatened to beat me...

Never again I say....now it’s costing me 370 quid for a quiet full system to be made and fitted by RSR Tyres in Bromley, took me an hour to drive there with just a de-cat at 40 mph all the way it was so loud and so embarrassing. RSR tried all their contacts and no one could get hold of a mk1 172 exhaust. Only Reno and they wanted something stupid like 600 quid.

I’m so mad and so skint its unreal, I’ve never had so much trouble with a car in my whole life. Kinda wish I hadn’t bought that 400 pound graphic card now, dam!

Thanks for reading dudes, when u think your having a bad car day just think of me.

Allan

Just to piss you off even more...

I'm off to Prospeed early in the morning.

Full cat back system for £279.00 all in.