ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hacked Windows Live ID

Evening, hopefully someone can help me here...

I desperately need to access an important email from my Live ID, but when trying to log in, I get an error code 80048823.

Now, google has told me that this code means that I've supplied wrong info etc... but I know that I haven't so I have been hacked. I can't change my password because I don't know what its been changed to, and my security question has also been changed.

Its annoying to say the least as everything shares this same ID... XboxLive, MSN, LiveMail, and lots of training sites for work.

What can I do to regain access to my account?

thanks in advance, Dan.

A4 Avant
I had to contact msn direct with a load of info, they then sent an email link to my works address to allow me to reset my password. God knows how they hacked it.

I've tried looking for their contact details, or a form to fill in... but all I can find is FAQ pages. Do you have a link?

Fiesta ST
God knows how they hacked it.

Either brute force (weak password) or you may have had a keylogger installed on your PC without you knowing (can be installed from dodgy websites or false links hidden to them).

A4 Avant
It was a nightmare finding it. I'll have a look if I can see it.

Well I don't think I have key logger and my password was ten digits/letters. It really confused me.

would be great if you can find it mate.

If anyone knows how I would go about aquiring my account back using other methods ;) please PM me.

RB 182
Have you tried this:

Send password reset instructions to your alternative email address

If you do not remember the secret answer to the secret question, you can also try to send the password reset instruction to the alternative email address entered upon account creation.

Note: You should know beforehand the substitute email address that has been suggested upon registration of your account.

1. Choose “Send password reset instructions to me in email”
2. Select “Alternate email address”. Click continue
3. “Password reset instructions were sent to your alternate e-mail address.
If you don't see the e-mail message in your inbox, look for it in your junk mail folder or check your e-mail again later.” will display on your screen.
4. You can now check your email to get the reset instructions.
5. Copy the link provided in a new browser to confirm the request. This might take a few minutes to process the information.
6. Enter the correct information in the required fields to confirm your identity and reset your new password.

i didn't set up an alternate email addy when the account was created... which I am now regretting :(

really need to access 2 important emails

My ebay account has now also been hacked... which has all my bank details/card details.

This is getting serious now.. HELP!

Fiesta ST
My ebay account has now also been hacked... which has all my bank details/card details.

This is getting serious now.. HELP!

sounds like a logger m8 - someone might have every key stroke you've pressed - hence having all your account log in information - you running anti-virus? what version? malware protection? firewall? router firewall?

Contact Ebay - maybe even contact you bank.

Fiesta ST

Thats the link I used.

My ebay account also got hacked at the same time. they listed about £30k worth of cycles. Lol.

I don't think mine was a keylogger as I hadn't used ebay for at least a year before. Once they accessed my hotmail account they requested a password reminder to my hotmail account, then changed my password.

ahh true if you signed up with your hot mail account.

spot on, love you Dan.

Its not a key logger because I don't actually have any net access at all at the moment (am on the tills at work now :eek: ) and since my identity was hacked on Sunday I havent used ebay.

Have now contacted Ebay to close my account, and used the forum that Dan found above for Windows Live. Bank has been contacted and all card details have been cleared from Paypal etc....

Im sure theres a phone number too but I cant find it.

Have you checked Play/Amazon etc where you have accounts to make sure nothings happened with them before you got a chance to cancel cards?

yeah both passwords have been changed and card details erased. Just a waiting game now.

Ebay are being gay.... they won't do anything because I havent contacted them via my hacked email address, which they know I can't access :rolleyes:

They've also hacked my o2 mobile online account... f*****s.

Microsoft are now on the case, I've answered their 19 questions to prove the account belongs to me.

All sorted with microsoft now, thanks for everyone's help.

Just been on live chat with some eBay bird about getting my account back. Its now back... and while I was hacked the hacker listed 22 auctions for various makes of 52" LCD HD TVs!! PMSL!!

luckily eBay have covered the costs of all the Fees, so im back to normal.