ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gtechniq - C4 Permanent Trim Restorer Guide/Tips

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So ive gone and bought a small bottle of the Gtechniq - C4 Permanent Trim Restorer to do the Front upper/lower Grilles,lip spolier and other plastic bits on the cup.

Before i have a crack at applying it,anyone got any tips on the prep & applying it please?,so i do it properly the first time.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
So ive gone and bought a small bottle of the Gtechniq - C4 Permanent Trim Restorer to do the Front upper/lower Grilles,lip spolier and other plastic bits on the cup.

Before i have a crack at applying it,anyone got any tips on the prep & applying it please?,so i do it properly the first time.

The only advice I can offer is to make sure you have a sufficient amount on the applicator.

Definitely worth having trial run on something before applying to your grilles etc.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Is it worth giving it a couple of coats or just stick with one good coat?

One coat I think mate. as long as it’s applied correctly I don’t think it’ll needs a second coat.

I’ve always just applied one layer albeit CarPro Delux which I think is pretty much the same stuff as far as I know.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
My front grille is navy in colour, is this the way it's supposed to be or has it faded from black?

It doesn't look gray like normal trim goes.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Clean the plastics down well before applying it to remove any old trim residue, use ipa or whatever. It goes on easy enough with the applicator, one coat is enough.