ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GRRRR!!! BBC iplayer download

RB 200 Cup!
why thr f**k if it hovers ariund the 1.78mbps download rate does it take for f**king ever to download a 644mb show?

anyone else have this problem?

It's A Reno
Think youself lucky. It will let me download stuff and does it really quickly, but then it won't play them. :dapprove:

RB 200 Cup!
im only downloading for for some reason was watching torchwood then after 10min it fucked up and couldnt stream anymore...?

It's A Reno
I've had that with TG. I couldn't be arsed to figure it out. I was hoping someone on here would have the same problem and post the solution. :D
Well done Mart for being of no fcuking use to him at all. :rolleyes:

RB 200 Cup!
BT which is meant to be s**t hot

im wondering if its got something to do with the laptop as it is 3 years od now....

Partner's Astra SRi
I've been having problems with this since being back at my Mum and Dad's. Say it will take 16 hours to download and won't stream because there is apparently not enough bandwidth. They're with Tiscali.

Never used to have a problem before I moved out!!

RB 200 Cup!
ah realy? what the f**k for?

*goes off to google*

meant to be on their basic package optino 1 but ive got the best one - option 3....

w*****s

Scirocco GT 2.0
ah realy? what the f**k for?

*goes off to google*

meant to be on their basic package optino 1 but ive got the best one - option 3....

w**kers

Probably because they want you to use BT Vision or whatever the stupid thing is called?

VM FTW

(But it is about time they started to expand their network tbh)

Bus w**ker
I d/loaded the 2nd day of Torchwood this morning in 6 minutes. Showing that I was downloading at 12mb/s at one point PMSL so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the speed reading being correct.

That's on VM 20mb btw.

Tiscali throttle the connection for me between about 4pm-9pm. No iPlayer, XBOX Live, no torrents. It's shi-ite, especially on a 1mb connection.

RB 200 Cup!
meh it eventually downloaded so im happy - although now ive watched it ive missed tonights so gotta get that off iplayer too FFS!

ISP throttling the connection. Move your providings to a company who can provide you with better providings.

Tiscali throttle the connection for me between about 4pm-9pm. No iPlayer, XBOX Live, no torrents. It's shi-ite, especially on a 1mb connection.
Do what I did, max your connection out between peak hours for a while, get 3 warnings, then you can end your contract without penalty, then move to Be.

Not a Clio
Not noticed what speed it downloads but a 60min programme takes about 8 minutes for me on iplayer. Watched loads of stuff i didn't even know was on recently namely Torchwood, Psychoville and Crod Mandoon.

It's A Reno
Curiously, I had a pop up on the PC last night offering me an updated version of iplayer which I downloaded and now it's working perfectly.
If you aint got it yet, I'd say give it a go. :approve: