ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greetings

172 ph2
Yesterday I purchased a black 04 172 on 35k miles which i'm picking up on Wednesday ! It is replacing my 2.0 Golf which shamlessly has the Gti badge, so i'm expecting a bit better performance !

Been lurking/reading this forum for a few weeks now which gave me lots of useful info when I was looking. Managed to get them to do the aux belt after reading on here it needs doing :)

Anyway my cars never work properly and are always going wrong so i'm sure i will be bothering you all soon when I break it ;)

No pics yet i'm afraid!

172 ph2
Picked it up today, very happy with it :)

not a great picture because it is from my phone but here it is:

carside.JPG

Notice how I have just been washing it and your not wrong !! I don't mind spending time washing the car but it took me twice as long to just to a quick wash on it ! It had obviously been waxed before so I thought a quick wash would sort it out but it took me ages to dry it without all the streaks.

Nice one. I picked up my 04 172 last weekend.

Did you have any problems trying to get insurance quotes? I had a right mare because most insurance companies only think that the 172 was made upto a 53 plate.

172 ph2
Yes... he kept asking me about that ! The date of registration is Feb 2004 and my reg doesn't bring up the details... very annoying when trying to sort quotes out.

I have a massive problem now though.

My current insurance policy is due to end 24th of Feb by which date I have 5 years no claims.

I got 7 days free insurance cover with the car so didn't bother ringing them.

My plan was to change the policy with my currrent insurer for the final month, get my 5 years no claims then move somewhere else if needs be.

Plan foiled - they wont insure me !!!

So basically if I pay for the final month of insurance on a car I don't have I get 5 years no claims. Do I blag joining a new insurer now stating I have 5 years no claims (a lie) then send delay sending through proof until I can get it ?? But then if they check the date they will know or if i crash i'm screwed.

Last edited: