ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grazed Paint - HELP

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have just noticed that I have a "graze" mark on my paintwork :dead:

I've seen this before on my parents clio - was caused by a football covered in grit hitting the car :mad:

The scratches aren't deep but are visible and there are about 50 of them :dead:

Needless to say, I'm absolutly furious now as the whole car was mint 2 days ago at a French Car Meet
and she's due to be on the stand for a N.Ireland forum event this weekend

What would be the best way to fix this?

Any hints are much appreciated
Trev

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah gave the Scratch-X a whirl there before I calmed down :star:
Might be just me but somehow you seem to have more elbow grease when you're cage has been rattled :clown:

I gentley went over the more obvious parts with a bit of Megs Detailing Mist & Wet/Dry 2000 paper before I rubbed the Scratch-X in.

Seems to have done the trick :)

The area still appears clean compared to the rest of the panel so I don't think I need to re-polish/seal the area before I apply my wax now - or do I ?

Punto/Clio GTT
if you can feel the scratches with your nail then a quick wet flat with p2000 or p1500 then buff it up with G3, use whatever polish you have on top

106 GTi
Sounds like you have sorted it, Scratch X works so well by hand if you havent got a machine to use.

Sounds like it will be fine to reseal or wax as it is then.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah put it on with a blue MF pad I got from Autopia when I got my PC
Wiped it off with a Megs Ultimate Wipe - looks great :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Tigger said:
Yeah gave the Scratch-X a whirl there before I calmed down :star:
Might be just me but somehow you seem to have more elbow grease when you're cage has been rattled :clown:

I gentley went over the more obvious parts with a bit of Megs Detailing Mist & Wet/Dry 2000 paper before I rubbed the Scratch-X in.

Seems to have done the trick :)

The area still appears clean compared to the rest of the panel so I don't think I need to re-polish/seal the area before I apply my wax now - or do I ?

WHERE can i get some Wet/Dry 2000 paper ?