ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got A Light On The Dash

C

Curtiz

seems to mainly come on when its cold outside and when i press the brake pedal (only noticed it in the cold mainly, might come on regardless of temperature but hasnt caught my attention). been on for a while now (before christmas) and have been putting off getting it looked at, silly of me but i kept forgetting. looks like this (see below)

DSC00014.gif

can anyone help please?

thanks! :approve:

I'm sure thats the read fog light indicator, your rear lights wired up correctly? mebby one of the connecters has come loose.

Aye, rear foglight.

I've noticed mines flickers on when I go to put the car into reverse, only noticed it happening today though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It normally does it if you had added your own lights and changed the wiring, moves a little bit, or the connection is bridged by a bit of moisture (could be caused by the cold) and just sets off the rear fog

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
remove the block connector from the rear lights and push the lower pins up slightly using a pick, common fault on clios, easy fix though!

C

Curtiz

so i can put it off slightly until i have time to get it sorted and nothing will get worse or anything? just to be sure

thanks again for the help everyone! appriciate it

RCSII
Lol.. I can't believe I've found another one of RSC common faults :D I've had the car now for 14months and just started noticing this. I'll just had this to the list. Still love the little fella though!