ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

General Lens

That's a great focal range, but be aware on a cropped sensor 24mm isn't that wide.

The lens I use the most is my Nikon 24-70mm, cracking lens. Sigma still very good though.

Fiesta ST-3
That's a great focal range, but be aware on a cropped sensor 24mm isn't that wide.

The lens I use the most is my Nikon 24-70mm, cracking lens. Sigma still very good though.

Yea I looked at the Nikon Dan but well out my price range. I've heard about the crop sensor but not that concerned as I have a 10-20 any way.

Nikon D700
I've just moved from a Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 macro to the Nikon 24-70mm 2.8.

The Sigma is cracking, but I just wanted to spend £1200 for shiggles.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fiesta ST-3
I've just moved from a Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 macro to the Nikon 24-70mm 2.8.

The Sigma is cracking, but I just wanted to spend £1200 for shiggles.

Sorry mate I'm only interested in AF-S. Cheers anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nikon D700
Haven't really had the opportunity to edit and look at a studio shoot i was doing. It's properly smooth and the AF seems spot on. It doesn't get ace reviews for no reason, and definitely worth the top dollar as far as I can tell.

It also goes nicely with the 70-200 VR II i got to match it :)

Nikon D700
Naturally...

Starting to get some Weddings and functions booked, so could just about justify the expense, just.

I'm going to order the 14-24mm 2.8 soon too. That should cover me...

I had the Canon 24-70mm f2.8L
But as Dan says I got frustrated on my 7D as it wasn't wide enough

I sold it and got the 17-40mm f4L which I use a lot more - but it's mostly indoor stuff and I find the aperture frustrating

I'd love the 16-35mm f2.8L but it's expensive lol

2.2 bar shed.
24 - 70 is fantastic on a crop I feel; the 17 - 55 just didnt feel at all right. Either way im sure you'll have fun with it, I'm in love with my 24 - 70.

2.2 bar shed.
Anyone tried the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8? Supposedly L series grade glass

Yeah it takes some fantastic photos. Give me a couple of hours and ill upload some... Feel wise its terrible though compared to the 24 - 70 or 24 - 105.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I wish I understood how all these lenses work.

Don't see how a 17-55mm is better than an 18-55mm.

LOL. </noob>

^lol soz I did laugh at that. But that's nothing against not being a photographer.

You can sort of relate that to saying, 'I can't see why a lambo is better than a fiesta, they both get me from A to B'

2.2 bar shed.
Anyone tried the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8? Supposedly L series grade glass

5864610000_3b1b0cc515_b.jpg

Was shot on a 17 - 55.

5864610006_dbc5fc5459_b.jpg

Was shot on a 24 - 70; not 2 great photos to compare but ill upload some more 24 - 70 stuff in a few days.

Anything you can do with one you can realistically do with the other (bar the obvious focal length constrictions). If only the L had IS. I'd recommend everyone go out and try the 17 - 55 first as features and price wise its faultless. Depends if you like the feel of it and how it will work with you. One thing I didnt like was the fact the hood zoomed in and out rather than sat stationary, not a big deal for most but it REALLY put me off.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
^lol soz I did laugh at that. But that's nothing against not being a photographer.

You can sort of relate that to saying, 'I can't see why a lambo is better than a fiesta, they both get me from A to B'

Haha yeah I suppose it will be to photographers, but as a newbie to photography, I literally see the 1mm difference?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Possibly different apertures on them Merk, allowing better DOF or could be a case of one being auto focus :)

One is probably fast than the other (ie allows for a larger aperture).
Quality of the glass inside, preventing CA, distortion etc..... and give better image quality.
Faster auto-focus

...and loads more will push the price up.