ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox and Handbrake probs

This morning was a bit of a nightmare, sometimes my gearbox is very stiff, but it was awful today, i had to force into first and i got a loud crunch in reply. Also, about 30 seconds later i stopped at the roundabout and pulled up my handbrake but oh dear, i rolled back! Now i know sometimes i probably dont pull it up properly but this time i know i did. It also happened yesterday on my drive so im beginning to think somethings up..

So has anyone had a similar bitchy box? Mines the 1.2 16v btw

And any ideas on the handbrake problem?

I saw a nice new vw polo today..it suddenly felt tempting!

-Rob

Yes.... my box did that when it was cold.... its coz they are poo... i think you just need to kill it and get a new one! Or maybe its the first sign that your circlip is going to pop! hahahahhahaha

My handbrake works fine but I do get a little noise from it.... ;)

Oh well..i think i may get it all fixed and sell it and get something reliable before i get a cup. At least then the performance will outweigh the bad reliability!

-Rob

Yeah but how much could you sell it for and how much do you owe on the finance? I wouldnt mind getting shot of mine either....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

here a Q, the hanbrake on a car with drum brakes is usually self adjusting ye.. (apart from old cars like the original minis)

does the handbrake on a car with rear disks self-adjust ?

I really dont know why I am asking this .. it just came to me when I was reading the above posts..