ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garages = Rip off Merchants IMO.

Works...kind of...
I can't believe it. I go and see a mechanic who my dad recommened for being cheap so I go over and ask him for a price of getting front springs fitted and the torsion bar lowered.

I get a reply of:

"Well it'll take me about 2 hours each corner at £25ph"

YOU WHAT?!? It'll take ME about two hours to do each corner and I've never done it before and supposedly he's got 18 years experience.

And the fact he wants £200 makes me want to kick a dog...or something.

How people can get away with charging that much is beyond me. What's worse is that some people will actually pay it!

I just left with the usual "I'll be in touch" BS.

/rant

Sorry :(

Works...kind of...
I deffinatly wont be going back either way.

I'm starting to get in the frame of mind now to do servicing etc myself and find someone I can trust to do the big jobs.

phase 1 172
exact happened to me, rang up and they quoted £250 at which point i pointed i only want springs "fitting" not purchasing aswell but he hadnt miss heard me, he was just a general fudge packer

Torsion bar will take you no longer than 20 mins a side if it's not siezed. Front springs will take you no longer than 30mins a side if the top nut isn't siezed.

Do it your self mate, best way to learn, get a mate round with some beers.

The tools you will need are, ratchet and sockets (maybe a breaker bar for the shock to hub bolts) m10 bolt 21mm swan neck spanner or and impact wrench and spring compressors.

Some grease and copper slip for re-assembly.

Works...kind of...
Depends where you go. Fred@Yozzasport will do it for £40.

Tends to go around the £50-£80 mark usually if you're not gonna get ripped off.

TRM-Tuning in Plymouth said they'd do it for me for £60.

1.2 16valve sport
im fuking confused i thought you lowerd the rear of a clio with springs, whats the torsion bar. Yes i no im new to mechanics lol

Lionel Richie
Depends where you go. Fred@Yozzasport will do it for £40.

Tends to go around the £50-£80 mark usually if you're not gonna get ripped off.

TRM-Tuning in Plymouth said they'd do it for me for £60.

at one time many years back i did, prices have gone up a bit now