ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Cage - Advice required

Mk7 Golf R
Hi,

Have just bought a 172 cup for track day use only.

The car is fully stripped out and I want to fit a full roll cage but would like to understand the options available and approximate price, inclusive of fitting. I've already been quoted circa £1,600 (inclusive of vat) for a 6 point but have no idea if this is in the ballpark or not.

I live near Southampton, (not too far from K-tec), but if other options are available I'm happy to trailer the car, within reason.

Many thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There is a 10 point cage welded (properly!) in a shell on here for sale. £1299.

Buy it, re-shell your current car, sell your old shell. Wallop.

Shogun clio 172 ph2
Ouch...safety devices think 700?..bought my cracker of car well looked after a couple months ago, ready with as new cage seats harnessses extra set wheels for less than your quote! If its for msa events theres new stipulation coming out the belts must strap onto cage bar behind at i think a 15degree and not to floor in boot so just watch depending what using it for!

172 Rally Car
If you are serious about safety buy my shell - you won't get a better cage for the money.

All you need to do is reshell your car into this one!