ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forum Newcomer with Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition (Photoshoot inside)

Astra VXR NBG ED
No fella...I dont really go on ph apart to nose at cars for sale.
Theres going be a good turn out at the golf club, Lambos, ferraris, GTRS the lot :D

Those astras sound awesome!

They sound awful when cold lol, especially with an aftermarket exhaust

Nice VX, looks lovely.

You're not one of those people who just keep letting off so it crackles out the back though are you? I reckon it must be in the owners handbook somewhere lol.

TBF mate theres no way you can stop it from banging.... boost is boost at the end of the day. It certainly doesn't help when my 100cell sports cat is pretty much shot to pieces either

Lightening silver. They are rare too.

Yeah lightning silver that's it :) piccy of it. Here's a pic of it, love it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340872657.383699.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340872685.164269.jpg

Looks nice mate, who's he tuned by? Brave running stage three with the crossover pipe! I hate mate, going cdti conversion or direct forced induction this month :)

Thorney Motorsport. Its off the road atm, hes got some new manifold for it recently which he's fitting at the same time as a garret gt28 turbo and an LSD. Got a few plans for it :p recently put a full nurburgring interior in it too from a crashed one, immaculate interior. Very nice too :)

The GT28 and GTX30 are epic turbos. A lad called Dan on there is looking at 420-450bhp :eek:

Yeah they are very good turbos. Think my mate Said he's going to have it running 380, bit worried about having it any more then that on standard internals or something. He's got another car for speed anyway which he's currently building ;) a Nissan 200sx, s14 which he's putting a skyline rb25DET into running 450bhp. That's going to be insane! Pic of that below. He loves his cars more then I do haha ;p

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340879241.845531.jpg

'No mate its a really expensive make but can't think what of the top of my head it's a tubular ceramic clouted one with external wastgate' <- that's the manifold. No idea haha, looks good though :p

Welcome Ben.

Love the berg ! Shame about the image.

I think SRP is a great product, I think some people get a bit snobby about brand names TBH.

When people are going to pay money for their cars to be detailed, I'd assume they'd prefer someone who knows what they're doing and which products to use...

The cleaner wax isn't a sealant. It's an AIO product. And average at best.

However, if you like it, I have about 5 bottles that were given away free with clay a few years back - you're very welcome to them chap? Free of course, just PM me with your address and I'll send them from work.

inferno 182.
maybe hes pro and your not?:quiet:
Welcome chap, I recognise your username from somewhere.

Few things about the detail, Any tar remover used? Also there would have been marring present on the paint from claying. Do you do rotary correction at all? Not sure why the cleaner wax also seems a strange choice for a professional detailer.

Have you been detailing long? No offence meant of course, just interested as it seems like a strange detail to post up to advertise yourself.

Astra VXR NBG ED
When people are going to pay money for their cars to be detailed, I'd assume they'd prefer someone who knows what they're doing and which products to use...

The cleaner wax isn't a sealant. It's an AIO product. And average at best.

However, if you like it, I have about 5 bottles that were given away free with clay a few years back - you're very welcome to them chap? Free of course, just PM me with your address and I'll send them from work.

TBF i think i had the small 75ml bottle i had in the box that i had from a car show ages ago and thought i would see how the water would run of.

This was used on my car and therefore just tested out. My thread on VXRonline states some products that I use on other peoples cars and I used the R222 Concours wax and obviously much more expensive and gets much better results.

SRP is a great product for people starting out to clean there cars and experiment, You can't really go wrong or damage the paint and gives a good finish, although it it does fill the scratches as apposed to correct them.

I think your comments are a little low and assumptive and considering if someone pays me to detail there car its a fraction of the price of a professional detail and I have people coming back who have quite expensive cars.

People have to start somewhere fella, were not all going to start at the top if thats where you class yourself as being :/

Last edited:
  Marksport Clio
TBF i think i had the small 75ml bottle i had in the box that i had from a car show ages ago and thought i would see how the water would run of.

This was used on my car and therefore just tested out. My thread on VXRonline states some products that I use on other peoples cars and I used the R222 Concours wax and obviously much more expensive and gets much better results.

SRP is a great product for people starting out to clean there cars and experiment, You can't really go wrong or damage the paint and gives a good finish, although it it does fill the scratches as apposed to correct them.

I think your comments are a little low and assumptive and considering if someone pays me to detail there car its a fraction of the price of a professional detail and I have people coming back who have quite expensive cars.

People have to start somewhere fella, were not all going to start at the top if thats where you class yourself as being :/

you're supposed to be a detailer and you have been heavily trolled.

Awkward

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
A friend of mine has not long had one of these, he loves it!

It certainly goes well, but he's had mega aggro with it already which is a shame.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Welcome along mate! I really like these, are those standard xenon units?

Yep, they are the AFL units. Cheers mate, bit of an old thread like! I would get a progress thread up but no where to post on here for it, plus i know many many people on here despise VXR's lol, certainly owners anyway

A friend of mine has not long had one of these, he loves it!

It certainly goes well, but he's had mega aggro with it already which is a shame.

What aggro is he having?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, they are the AFL units. Cheers mate, bit of an old thread like! I would get a progress thread up but no where to post on here for it, plus i know many many people on here despise VXR's lol, certainly owners anyway

What aggro is he having?

From memory. Turbo is f*cked & possible seals/rings on their way out & various electric issues.

Astra VXR NBG ED
you're supposed to be a detailer and you have been heavily trolled.

Awkward

Welcome along mate! I really like these, are those standard xenon units?

From memory. Turbo is f*cked & possible seals/rings on their way out & various electric issues.

Ouch, must of picked a badden!

I know the manifolds normally give up the ghost way before the turbo, and also the stem seals also!

Half expected to be the gearbox aswell lol

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch, must of picked a badden!

I know the manifolds normally give up the ghost way before the turbo, and also the stem seals also!

Half expected to be the gearbox aswell lol

haha don't mate, he's the most unlucky person with cars