ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For the millionth time

Ziel Nurburgring

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have just bought a brand new 172 (5 weeks delivery, sheesh ive got itchy fingers), but i also have a Mac audio Powered Sub box that i intend to fit. Anyone know if the OS fitted single cd with changer has a pair of Pre-outs i can link the amp upto?? Also, are the 40watts any good or do you need to swap them out for better ones?

Cheers for any help

no the HU doesnt, well it didnt on my dynamique. Its worth changing it anyway, as it will improve the quality a lot. I take it your talking about the speakers when you say the 40 watts, if so, yes do, its always worth it. By a set of comps.

I would say, buy a cheap alpine HU - £130 ish, and spend £120 ish on a pair of DLS R5 comps. will be very good. but at some point you should amp them up as well.

Rorrie

dunno if this helps but a 172 my dad looked at had a sub+amp in it, the bloke said that the amp was wired to the rear speakers.

obvoiusly i dunno if its true tho but he seemed to know what he was on about !

yep that is true ur local halfords can supply u with converter which converts a high level output (i.e. speaker wires) into a low level output (i.e. a RCA connection). U will need to earth the complete unit and also take feeds using both rear speaker connections and ideally u dont wanna use the rear speakers any more as this will try and share the connection and spoil the sound quality on the output.

dont bother with the hi-level output to RCA converters. They are not very good quality. Dont sound anywhere near as good as you would get for buyin a new head unit.