ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK vs Weitec vs Koni

Focus RS Mk1
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked many times before but like to do my research before i buy anything worth a bit of cash! Before anyone says ive done a search and done some reading already. Although not much on the weitechs came up.

I have a clio 172 mk2. Currently running eibach springs.
n718905175_2583722_2815.jpg

Im looking to upragde the suspension a little more. although i enjoy the ride of the eibachs the ride height is a little high for me. Would like another 10mm or so. Im on 16's too.

My budget is around £500. I Can fit them myself so no labour costs added.

Ive found the weitech coilovers on ktec for around £500
the Fk non adjustable coilovers on rimstyle for £475
and then the koni dampers to add to my current springs for around £400

Now my car (eventually) will be my daily driver to work n back which is a 40 mile round trip. i would also like to participate in the odd track days again so must be suitable for both.

What would you recommend?

ive looked around for second hand H&R's but nothing available. They are just too much for me. Although i know they would be best i cant justify spending that much on suspension! Especaily when i wont see the full benefits of it very often.

Thanks

Sean

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Im in exactly the same situation as you ... unsurprisingly, people have just told me to me H&Rs:dapprove:

Im seriously considering the Weitecs as they have a good rep in the golf/TT/fiesta ST clubs. Essentially just a slighter cheaper version of KW.

I've had Bilstein Sprintline on all my other cars and im almost distraght they dont do them for the clio ....

Vw caddy tdi
Your car looks nice are they pro race alloys in black? and which eibach springs are you running sean pros or sports? I think car looks good and is practical ride height above. I'd go 4 15"" alloys and perhaps replace the shocks but thats me..

182 Cup
Koni have been around for many, many years and they know what they are doing when it comes to suspension. If it was my money on that budget that's where it'd be going.

Focus RS Mk1
so no real opinions on the FK's then?

As said H&R's would be great but cant justify £700+ on a setup that would rarely be used to its full potential.

Ive thought about the koni dampers a bit over the past few days and i think im going ignore them in this case. Simply becuase i will loose my ride height adjustment for the sake of £75 .Agree with you that they are a good option etc but maybe not what im after.

Do Ktec do price matching?