ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting sub- quick/urgent

Mk4 golf gti

jus fitted my m8s vibe active sub but no power seems to b gettin to the amp (the light not cumin on) i check all connections and wires

what can b da prob :confused:

Is the Fuse OK? Have you got the remote power on lead wired up to the right head unit output? Cant think of anything else. Is the earth connection good, ie. did you sand off the paint down to the metal round where you drilled it to make a good connection?

Earth, remote line or fuse. that is about all it could be.

its most likely the earth, try scraping the metal with a file to get a good connection. i linked my earth to the nut that holds my rear light cluster on, make sure good contact to metal though.

did yo say boot catch??? thats no good!! the Clios about the only car that the boot catch isnt earthed on! (I discovered this when attempting to fit my own amp!) You need to use the chassis! Thats your problem Id say.

Mk4 golf gti

found the prob it sumfin 2 do wiv battery i put it thro a power cap and diff battery and it worked fine so what could b rong wiv battery surely even if it was not very strong there would still b a small current of sum kind

yep, if the car starts then there is power in the battery, try reconnecting it to the 1st battery and ensuring that all terminals are clean,

who knows it may help,