ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting FK coilovers to a 1.2 16v

Monaco 172

HELP!!!!

Right bought coilovers 2nite tried to fit them with a friend and came in some trouble, I have 17x7 wheels and the coilover was about 2mm off the tyre, do i need a spacer or have i not done something properly.

Would love to hear from anyone that has fitted these before, also a little idea how the rears go aswell would be helpfull.

Cheers

G

Rears are easy.
Jack up car at the back and upbolt the rear strut. Pull the rear suspesnion down to drop the spring out put the new springs tc where the old spring was. Then stick the new shock where the old shock was. Thats it easy as pie.
I cannot see why you should have trouble installing the fronts incorectly though probably be best getting spacers though if its that close.

Monaco 172

Thats good rears wont take long then.

Annoying me about front, anyone else have 17x7 aftermarket wheels with FK coilovers???

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

et38 will cut it close...

better with a lower offset to be honest. Cant see it being a problem though, as theyre not actually touching

Monaco 172

well done fred! cheers for the help guys, will have anoter go at it Saturday morning!!!

anyone know somewhere that sells GOOD QUALITY spacers

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 August 2005

you need 5mm spacers, all the ones ive fitted required 5mm spacers on the front only
suddenly et35 doesnt seem so worrying.....