ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting a new cd player. help please

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
mk2 ph1

took out standard tape player.
and its got 3 connections goin into the back and radio antener. took them out.

the new one only has 2 sockets for connections going in.

so ive got 3 leads comin out the car and only 2 sockets to put them in.
and the radio antener dosent seem to be the right fit either.
do they all have to be connected i take it?
cos 2 of them fit in.

has it all gone wrong ? :quiet:

16032009571.jpg

16032009573.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Depending on your cd player you might need a wiring harness or adapter to connect it.

Just use the two plugs with 8 pins in,ones power the other is speaker.The spare one is for the stalk controls which won't plug into your new unit direct(depends on your unit you might be able to get adaptor)Aerial just needs a male stud adaptor about £4 from car audio shop.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
i just plugged 2 of them in to see what happens and works fine, as said above the stalk controls dont work, but never mind.
be no electrical problems with the one lead thats not doing anything?

only other problem is the headunit dosent slide all the way in, the wires behind are stopping it i think.

cheers though lads

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer you have to be carefull about the wires behind and you have to feed the plugs on one side and the other wires on the other side well i had to do that to mine to get mine to fit.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
yeh ill have a proper fiddle later, gotta go to work now.
think im in trouble too so best not be late !
least now i got some tunes for the journey :p

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
When i put mine in, i took off the panel above with the hazard light switch on it and unclipped the connections, then pulled all the wires up from behind the head unit because theres plenty of space behind the hazard panel for all the wires. Its abit fiddlly but should be easy enough. The panel just prises off.

Push the headunit in while pulling the wires up then when it locks in refit the hazard panel.

Forget that just realised u got ph1 lol doh!