ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First York 1/4 mile 2005!

Just wondering when the first York 1/4 mile day is this year and who from the site is gonna be attending?

Ive only been as a spectator when I went last year in my 1.4 RT but now Im looking forward to unleashing my 2L Valver and seeing how well I measure up!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Ill be there!:D

Dont know when it is though, website was down when I tried to check yesterday.

BMW 320d Sport

Ill be doing Santa Pod as soon as I can. Their dates are out already and there are 2 or 3 Sundays every month from now on.

Nice one people!!! Looks like theres gonna be some stiff competition and a strong clio group to make things interesting on the strip!:D

Any more takers?

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 04 January 2005

Ill be doing Santa Pod as soon as I can. Their dates are out already and there are 2 or 3 Sundays every month from now on.
Which one are you doing? Let me know, I might be interested

Clio 1.4, SV650S

i was intending to go to pod or york all last year but i was living in the grim north. will pop down to spectate and if it grabs me i might see what this 1400cc 8valved beastie can do...

...that is if there are some other similarly powered cars to run against. anyone up for a low capacity challenge?

Quote: Originally posted by Red_Willy on 04 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 04 January 2005

Ill be there spectating :cry:
Have you got rid of your 172 then?
No still have the 172, its just i wont be taking it up the strip as im off in my mates scoob :D

Nippy white cup

Me and Nic will be there and as long as I get to the bottom of my loss of power Ill be running....No camping this year tho!

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 05 January 2005

...that is if there are some other similarly powered cars to run against. anyone up for a low capacity challenge?
ive never done a 1/4 mile, but ill have a do against you in my Willy look-a-like.

Still having trouble finding out when the first one is. The york website seems to be quite "limited". When was the first one last year? Are we talking Jan, Feb, March?

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 05 January 2005

ive never done a 1/4 mile, but ill have a do against you in my Willy look-a-like.
hey - ive got a little orange 1.2rn ?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Might come up and spectate at york because the valver isnt in a state to race!

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 05 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 05 January 2005

hey - ive got a little orange 1.2rn ?
f**k that m8, will be staying well away from your car! pmsl

you can race Jon, Craig and Nick! lol

Quote: Originally posted by Khany on 05 January 2005

Red_willy Ill jump in with you and spectate if thats ok with you????!

Thought you were getting a 2L Valver or a Polo G40 to do battle with mate?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The first RWYB at York is usually around Easter time, late March...

Its also usually rammed!

its on. Reckon my lot will be putiing in a good show, Red_willys monster is ridiculous, and Khan, if you get that polo you better save for some serious tyre wear, 180bhp through the front whheels aint shy.......

CAN NOT WAIT!