ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First ND Filter Attempt

This weekend I went to Rhyl Air Show for some free aviation action. Anyway, I saw a small waterfall near the beach and saw it as a chance to have a blast with my ND8 filter for the first time. I took the picture below.

7635509418_9336254aca_z.png

Rhyl Waterfall with an ND8 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I struggled not over exposing the picture, even at F22. You can hardly tell it's a long exposure.

What could have I done to improve this picture?

Bear in mind the location isn't supposed to be amazing. It's just the first waterfall I've seen since getting the filter.

Also, what other ND filters would people recommend for using in the sun?

Cheers,

Tom.

Nd8 is only a 3 stopper iirc, get one more and stack them for 6 stops, that would have given you 10-15 seconds in the same circumstances.

Mk2 ph1 clio
10 stop by lee is the Big stopper? But quite pricey!

the only thing that could be improved on really is the shutter speed. A slower one would make the water look more interesting. Given the conditions and struggle with over-exposing it you've got a nice image out of it!

Thanks fellas.

I have looked at the higher grade NDs before and they're uber pricey - good shout on stacking. I'll be getting another Hoya ND8 tonight then. :D

Thanks again. :)