ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Detail Complete. (Not 56k Safe)

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Over last weekend finally managed to get the detail done. Thanks to JD, Russ_ZS, Paul_B for the advice over the last couple of weeks! Was appreciated!

Lack of pics is due to the 400d running out of battery. Still managed to get a few in though. FFS without changing the ISO. :( Really wasn't on the ball for photography while doing this!

Kitty arrived bright and early on Friday ready for Saturday morning. After the last 35k in 9 months the car was in a right state. Fly Blood pretty much everywhere, wheels pitted and baked with brake dust, motorway film all over the damn thing, tar spotting, grease marks and it was last washed back in March.

IMG_8420.jpg

Unwashed pics –

Stitch1.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8423.jpg

IMG_8424.jpg

IMG_8425.jpg

IMG_8433.jpg

IMG_8434.jpg

IMG_8435.jpg

IMG_8444.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

Washed wheels first – Took around an 45 mins for all for 4 - Used a Cone brush and sponge and some acidic based wheel cleaner to shift the dirt.

IMG_8458.jpg

Then the two bucket, Couldn’t find my second bucket so I had to fish around the garage!!

Dried with i4detailing Uber Drying cloth – F**king amazing. Dried the whole car without a ring-out.

Moved onto the Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, which turned out to be the right one to go for, very easy to use recommend to all first timers.
Clay bought off quite a bit of contamination and got rid of most of the tar marks.

IMG_8485.jpg

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_8488.jpg

IMG_8489.jpg

Moved onto the SRP - Found the 1L Bottle too big, this definitely came in handy! Turned out I had a few swirls/light scratches which the SRP dealt with.

IMG_8521.jpg

Applied once, and sealed in with Carlack Long Life sealant. Which TBH was ok to apply with the Lake Country Foam applicators, but required work to get off.

Then I moved onto the Collinite 476s applied and curing:

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

While this was curing, I gave the glass a polish using the Carlack Glass Polish which comes in two parts, a Base polish and hydrophobic liquid. Applied both and removed with a damp MF. It leaves a film like RainX at application but much easier to deal with, no nasty bits left over or a visible coat.

I then finished the plastics with Clearkote Vanilla Hand glaze – Which stupidly I applied with a MF that had some SRP residue…Fail:dead:. Had to go over it again with another coat - Still a little oxidised once rained on.

Tyres dressed with some leftovers of AG Tyre shine. Wheels on Monday - They were treated to the same SRP, LLS and 476.

The finish left was absolutely what I was after, lovely depth in the paint.

Rained on Sunday Evening and Tuesday made a good test to how the detail went. Foobaring amazing! Beading like a dream.

Finished Pics:

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

IMG_8527.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

Stich3.jpg

Couple of the light beading:

IMG_8543.jpg

IMG_8546.jpg

Back to this week – need to wash again.

After my first proper detail, I think I may have the detailing bug :approve:

(Before anyone questions the first photo. I had to stitch a couple of shots. Thought I'd give the Vista tool a shot. Misaligned one of the photos.)

Last edited:
  120d M Sport
Nice work and good write up, pleasing results I bet.

Lovely car too, exactly how mine was when I first had it :D

I recommend getting a dedicated tar remover though by the looks of the miles you're doing- clay gets it off but a tar remover is easier and safer

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
good write up mate ! the clay easy enough to use ? never clayed a car before. might take a trip to halfrauds in the morning for some stuff :approve:

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Polish car washers... £5 win!

Money down the drain TBH. I wonder what your car must look like.

good write up mate ! the clay easy enough to use ? never clayed a car before. might take a trip to halfrauds in the morning for some stuff

Cheers. The clay is excellent. I kept mine in a bowl of warm water when unused.

I recommend getting a dedicated tar remover though by the looks of the miles you're doing- clay gets it off but a tar remover is easier and safer

Its a true daily hack! No plans for Modding it either. I had thought about getting the AG stuff. Probably will get some on the next detail. Which I'm expecting to be end of July/August.

Last edited:

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
good work man, you could have left the car wet while claying as it would have been easier, then washed again after.

looks really good :)

what u put infront of me
top work fella, but get some real buckets please. they would look more at home on a building site, but great turn around...weldone