ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Find me a laptop and desktop please

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Following on from my being ripped off thread, I've decided I need to buy a good laptop.

Basically I'm a graphic designer studying at uni, I work for an agency and I also work from home so I need a good quality laptop that will step up to the mark and allow me to be mobile.

I use Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign primarily.

I've got a budget of £800 really, but I don't mind spending a little more to get a top quality machine that will last me.

I've looked into the option of buying a mac, but I also code sites that I design so I really need a windows machine.

In addition I'm looking at spending a few hundred on a desktop machine, this is for my Grandad who only really uses basic desktop publishing software and browses the net.

Like me he doesn't mind spending a little bit more on a good computer but it's pointless spending a fortune on a high powered machine that will not be utilised properly.

He already has a screen etc so he only needs the tower.

Thanks in advance guys
Liam

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Used MacBook Pro from Apple. Normally an ex-demo, but they're perfect.
Bootcamp.

You're a designer like me. You have no excuse. ;)

Titanium 182
If you build the tower for your grandad you will be able to get a decent more than sufficient one for £200-£250

MacBook Pro for you. As you're a student you get a hefty discount.

Buy a 1st gen iPad for your Granddad. Super simple to use.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Sod it, went out today and bought an iMac haha.

Cheers guys, you have brought me to the dark side ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
Im guessing 21 with his budget, awaits dissaproval!

Great choice regardless though mate! :)

DCi
god i hate you apple gay boys

not only do you come in pc and console to steal people over to your side but you actually helped him, you should have at least told him to google it for the first few posts or something

come onnnnnn :(