ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally, pics of my 172, shame aboutthe camera!

Mito Sportiva 135
Fight, after much delay, finally set up a Photobucket account. Don't know why I took so long. The only problem is that I could only find my Dad's old Sony 5.0 mp camera and lacked the settings I wanted for some good close ups of the paint - the sun was out yet overcast in other areas, soreally difficult lighting and couldn't seem to handle the glare.

Anyway, my process/ products:

First I washed the car down with CG Extreme Wash n Wax, taking my time as the sun was out so water was drying quickly and didn't want to risk any surface friction between mit and dry paint.

Cleaned the wheels with CG Wheel Wash.

Next I clayed Sonus clay w/ mixture of Megs and CG QDs and some shampoo in a spray bottle, doing the whole car including alloys and glass.

Then washed off again, dried using a Hydra-flex blade and waffle weave towel and a little more QD due to the sun.

Polished by hand (how traditional! ;)) with AG SRP. Did two times over on top facing surfaces - noticed a few swirlys, really should get a PC...

Next followed up with Jeffs Trigger spray sealant, 3 coats. This was done to all seals and shuts too.

Waxed using CG 50/50 wax, 2 layers.

Finally finished off paint with a spray of CG Synthetic Detailer to get rid of dust and static build up.

Glass was cleaned using AG Fast Glass, tyres treated with Turtle Platinum Series Conditioner and CG New Look Vinyl Dressing.

Anyway, shame about the slightly poor photos, will take some better ones next time.

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
Just a shame the photos don't do it justice... the top photo especially doesn't look that great, but in real life the flake of thepaint is very vivid.

Mito Sportiva 135
nice, loose the blade though. Nasty things them hydra flexi blades

I disagree. I have used them for several years and never induced a single scratch from one. Key is to make sure you rinse them before use to ensure no grit is on them, and then to just be careful when you use them. I don't use mine only in the hotter months when the water evaporates meaning the blade to car friction becomes greater and increasing risk of scratching.

always thought of those blades as a cheap and nasty and quick way of drying a car, but if you say its safe bud then i might purchase (recently bought some more sonus der wunder towels, god do i not miss the days of sh!tty chammy leathers!!)

car looks superb, even with the poor light and photos looks spot (less) on lol

jamie

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, like most things, if you are careful with them they serve the purpose, good for getting most the water off and you can then just follow up with a towel. I have seen scratches from blades when people have wiped the handle across an almost dry surface. Not cool!

aye thats what i have seen and presumed thats due to them being too stiff and scratching the paint.

jamie

106 GTi
I use a blade all the time on my 306. Would not use it on my 182 though.

Is safe as long as you wipe it after each pass, and the car is washed and rinsed well. Still is an element of danger that it will mark if the above is not done so I wont risk it on Black.

Back on topic - Car looks good.

Mito Sportiva 135
Thanking you. It's a shame, my Dad just got a new 8.1 mp Sony camera and was going to take some pics again yesterday, but the card was already full from photos from his holiday so didn't want to delete anyway.

Better ones next time though!

Mito Sportiva 135
looks ace matey, no other colour can match black/gold when first washed and waxed.

Cheers mate, but it's actually Pearl Black on the 172... doesn't have quite the same colour depth as the Black Gold though I think, but looks a bit darker. Like the beast it is! :cool: