ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Question From a Newb.........

Hi, as some of you will know from my previous posts, Ive been on the hunt for a nice low mileage 182 for the past few days.

Ive just driven one home in one (Thanks Martin), shes a UK car, in "Black Gold", with both Cup packs, on a "54" plate with 5000 miles on it. Paid £10,500 which appears to be quite a good deal considering the age/ mileage of the car.

This genuinely is the most fun car I have ever owned, and Ive owened a fair few, what a car, what an even better pirce for such a car! WOW!

Problem now being Im finding it hard to constrain my right foot........time will tell!

Looking to change the alloys tomorrow for some 17s, may even go 18s. Quite like the stlye of the V6s may go for similar.

My questions are.......

i) Any1 know whaere to find any pics of aftermarket wheels fitted to 182s?

ii} Whats the recommended tyre sizes for both 17s and 18s? Will 225s fit under the arches?

iii) Will it look like its on stilts with 18s fitted?

iv) And fianlly, how much acn I expect for a set of Cup alloys in mint conditon having only travelled 5000 miles?

Cheers all....

[Edited by Tom on 21 April 2005 at 12:54am]

No tales of racing and speeding on cs mate, i edited this cos your a newbie normally they get pulled.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i) nope sorry, very few people have changed them
ii) not sure, going bigger will ruin ride and increase tramlining and slow car
iii) looks good with 16s in my mind
iv) there are a few sets for sale now and then and a set with tyres should be worth about £500 in my opinion

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 20 April 2005

i) nope sorry, very few people have changed them i dont know why, the standard wheels look sh*te IMO!!!!
ii) not sure, going bigger will ruin ride and increase tramlining and slow car blah blah blah
iii) looks good with 16s in my mind blah blah blah
iv) there are a few sets for sale now and then and a set with tyres should be worth about £500 in my opinion
(no offense david me boyo, horses for courses and all that!!)

if you wanna chagne the wheels, and i dont blame you for wanting too, go for 17inch wheels maximum, but whatever you do it MUST be lowered!!!

they look like a rollerskate standard

If you do change the size of the wheels remember to get the CORRECT profile/width for the tyres..................ie the rolling circumference MUST be within 2/3% of standard any more and you run the risk of brake failure FACT :eek:

Cya Stu

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 21 April 2005

If you do change the size of the wheels remember to get the CORRECT profile/width for the tyres..................ie the rolling circumference MUST be within 2/3% of standard any more and you run the risk of brake failure FACT :eek:

Cya Stu
pardon??? explain??

Yup the lower the profile the stiffer the ride, less rubber to absord road surface.

Still intend on changing the alloys for 17s, any1 know if 225 width tyres will fit under the arches?