ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fast Car at crail 22nd??

Cammed 182 :)
i doubt the 250s engine has been loosen'd up yet tbh:rolleyes:

I spoke to the guy he had done 1400 miles in it he really stuggled to get off the line with 2.7,s to 60ft :eek: apparntly unable to turn traction control off fully his best terminals were about 98mph which again is low it should be 101-102? nice car though!

Clio 182
I spoke to the guy he had done 1400 miles in it he really stuggled to get off the line with 2.7,s to 60ft :eek: apparntly unable to turn traction control off fully his best terminals were about 98mph which again is low it should be 101-102? nice car though!

yea it was a nice car i loved the gray evo 8 that was hitting 12s at 120mph

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
jonny - tyres sound like a right ball ache, maybe some goodyear eagles? they get a good rep

Porsche Boxster987S

hmmm , still not run in though. Take it he struggleed getting the power down then?

Clio 182
ill admit i dnt no what the corsa was running but i just came off the strip as the were coming up and the megane was not doing to well

Worst car of the day has to go to drumroll.............. The Rover lol I cant even remember that model how bad was it lol it was a 1.4 with huge spoiler bolted on halfords gear all over it why would you? The boy even put it on the strip running 18s FFS!

Clio 182
Worst car of the day has to go to drumroll.............. The Rover lol I cant even remember that model how bad was it lol it was a 1.4 with huge spoiler bolted on halfords gear all over it why would you? The boy even put it on the strip running 18s FFS!

and it also had a tow bar on the back lol and in 2nd place was the micra followed with the daewoo that broke down ever time it moved lol

That was probably the worst car i have seen this year! Or the pink bodykitted peugeot 206!

BMW E30 325iiiiii
the rover was a 214, the micra i think was the smallest engined model they made, the 206 was just horrible.

did anyone see the 172 with the old style cliosport sticker an the horrendous went things behinf the rear windows?

Jonnyb182 who done ur cams?

Clio 182
the rover was a 214, the micra i think was the smallest engined model they made, the 206 was just horrible.

did anyone see the 172 with the old style cliosport sticker an the horrendous went things behinf the rear windows?

i raced him i bawzd up my second gear and still thrashed him he was talking about goin to ktec for a turbo lol i just laughed when i hit the line and he was a bit back

BMW E30 325iiiiii
he was telling me he was struggling for grip, i had the exact same tires as him and i managed fine :cool:

my best run of the day was a 60ft time of 2.4 with 1/4 mile of 16.1...it was the best run i could have done as well. still think the engines not right.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS

Is that the silver 172 that those horrid fin things on the sides behind the rear windows, that what you mean

i raced him i bawzd up my second gear and still thrashed him he was talking about goin to ktec for a turbo lol i just laughed when i hit the line and he was a bit back

You raced me and won ? or are you talking about the silver clio with wings on it :D. My cams were fitted by someone i know and trust who has stripped a 1*2 engine before it was then mapped by powertune in motherwell. Just to let you guys know 2.4 to 60ft isnt good grip a clio should be 2.2 for good 2.1 for execllent.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
I think crail have made a f**k up on the times because my last race i won which was against a corsa and apparantly he got a faster time than me.
So when they say left lane they mean the one nearest their office on the side of the strip, is that right.

No the times are right mate what happend there is that you won the race as your reaction time would have been quicker but he did the 1/4 quicker than you they dont add the reaction times to the race.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
are you sure, because i looked at his times and my times
My times were:
17.805 (last Run)

His times were:
17.148 (Last Run)

That run was also my last of the day plus thats a bit of difference in time considering he was also in the 18's mines are pretty constant if you notice.

I also looked at the reaction times of that run and mines (apparntly) was 0.725 and his 0.598
And i know i was ahead of him going over the line.

Last edited:
  Clio 182
You raced me and won ? or are you talking about the silver clio with wings on it :D. My cams were fitted by someone i know and trust who has stripped a 1*2 engine before it was then mapped by powertune in motherwell. Just to let you guys know 2.4 to 60ft isnt good grip a clio should be 2.2 for good 2.1 for execllent.

na i raced the t**t with the pods on the rear wing

are you sure, because i looked at his times and my times
My times were:
17.805 (last Run)

His times were:
17.148 (Last Run)

That run was also my last of the day plus thats a bit of difference in time considering he was also in the 18's mines are pretty constant if you notice.

I also looked at the reaction times of that run and mines (apparntly) was 0.725 and his 0.598
And i know i was ahead of him going over the line.

Just had a look mate it looks as if there was an error in the timing there possibly mis match between yourselfs down to human error when the guy that puts the times on to the database he got them mixed up :mad:

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
the event was £10 entry and for the 1/4 mile it was £15 for the day.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
it was a belter of a day tho. :cool:
crail_fast_car%20%2833%29.JPG