ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7P 16V Turbo

Hello!

I have just started to build my new engine, its a F7P engine from a 16 V R19 the engine will be total rebuild and most of the inner components will be replaced.. new ROSS low comp pistons that will alow me to run a boost pressure of around 1.5-1.8 bar witch will result in 300+ hp and a around 480nm I will write all about my project on this page and it would be nice to hear if anybody have experiances with turbo charge the F7P engine.. The enigine is now in all possible parts.. the block have been taking a swim in some acid bath.. it looks like new.. and the crank and roda are away for balancing.. the pistons are on its way from Carlifornia... .. you can pictures of my project at.. http://groups.msn.com/5gtegttU color=#0000ff http://groups.msn.com/5gtegtt/U under the link "Bilder" it means photos but in Swedish.. and there you find "Fantom Turbo" and i will put up photos of all work done to the engine.. and there oyu can allso see the bench i will MAP the engine in.. i will use a Motec M800 fuel/ignition system and runt it in the bench until im saticfied.. ;)

what have you got planned for engine managament and transmission wise?

Nice project id be very keen to see how it progress

There are a couple of people on here n the process of turbocharging F7Ps try a search for more info

he he.. i just bought the m800 ECU.. with cables and stuff.. and now im out of cash.. . lucky its only 5 days to "Pay day".. and have to wait 2-3 wekks to it gets here from Austraila... :(

how much was it as motecs are never cheap. WHy didnt you choose a cheaper one as you dont need anything fancy and there are loads of local brand ECUs that will work fine.

Japan and australia has LOADS of local brand ECUs that are fine for most jobs.

The reason i pick motec is i have good experiance with there products and i got a good price for it.. for all i paid .. hmm in euro.. we still have the swedish krona.. ;) around 4500 euro... and this will be the heart of all my up coming engines i will build... and about the car.. maybe it will a old clio cup car... you can get them real cheap now... but that will be a problem for later... i think it will take me a year until i have the engine ready.. just like i want it... get new ideas everyday.. ;) and my friend with the uno i was going to beat up... is building a new car too.. a fiat X1/9 with an engine from a Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo.. same like in the Delta HF.. and alfa 155 QV... and fiat coupe... but we will see... i think the F7P engine will have enough power to beat him.. i hope.. ;)

What you want to do is put it cheapo 2001+ clio. Put some decent suspension on it and brakes. And then you will have a stealth monster.......Intercooler in the front might give it away.

I have been looking around for a gearbox i can afford.. but it seems hard to find... so my next idea.. is to put in the back of a GTE or a Clio Cup.. and then use some BMW getrag gearbox and mount the engine stright in the back.. and getrag from an early M3 .. and just make a adaptor plate for it.. and the there is one less problem... :) and then there will be easyer to build a REAL exhaust manifold.. with the same legnth for each cylinder ..the turbo i will use will proberbly be a kkk 024 with a separate waste gate.. both from my old Audi... ;) never trogh things away.. ;) hehe

BMW 320d Sport

Well Ive been through a year-old Williams gearbox in pretty short order. Clutch is number 2 at the moment, first one gave out on lap 2 of the Nurburgring. The one at the moment is a carbon semi-paddle design I think.