ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

extended warranties for 197/182

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/warranties/ExtendedWarrantiesPrices.aspx

You may choose to extend your existing Renault manufacturer warranty period to 4 or 5 years, extend the mileage to 80,000 or even extend both period and mileage to suit your needs.

Your Extended Warranty for New Vehicles will expire when you reach the selected age or mileage (whichever occurs first).

Renault Extended Warranty for New Vehicles is not available once your manufacturer warranty has expired.

Cover up to 0 - 1500cc 1501-2200cc Over 2200cc
3 years* 80,000 miles £290 £590 £890
4 years* 60,000 miles £290 £590 £890
80,000 miles £490 £790 £1,090
5 years* 60,000 miles £490 £790 £1,090
80,000 miles £690 £990 £1,290

with my 197 coming up to 3 yars old in novemeber this year i have been thinking about extended warranties.

as far as i can see it is purely an extended warranty of the original one given with the car as shown by the prices above.

i think i would probably go for the 5 year 6k or 80k one... as i am on 32k now but my daily milage has gone down from a 52 mile round trip commute to about 12 mile commute. this commute may well go to about 3 miles when i move later on in the summer. so my milage will be decreasing somewhat.

overall i am curious to peoples thoughts into a number of factors.

1. would you be more inclined ot buy a second hand car with a full extended warranty?
2. would you be willing to pay a slight premium for it? (say a few hundred quid.)
3. has anyone taken out an extended warranty on your 182/197?

i am just thinking about it as for one, i don't think i am going to buy another car to replace the 197 until it is at least 4 years old or maybe longer. do you think it is a good idea for peice of mind in my ownership of the 197 after the three years or would you just risk it and ee what bills come up? my concerns were the 197 being frnech and all may well develop electonic problems or something griefy that would have been covered by the warranty but costs the earth... thoughts?

Last edited:
  Black Gold Trophy
My 182 came with a years warranty free, they gave me the option of having an additional two years warranty for £700.
Needless to say I told them where to go, as in order to break even on £700 would require a major mechanical failure.
The car had already done 36k when I bought it and I went on the assumption that a component would have to be faulty to fail and would have either failed already or would fail during the first 12 months of me owning it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
that is kinda my thought as i would need to break over £800 to make it worthwhile.... but then would it make a lot of difference on resale? like if the car had another year of warranty - would you pay like £200/£300 more for the car?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Those Renault warranties are awesome.

Not sure if that was in your original post, but as far as warranty's go, they are the dog's nuts!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah seem quite comprehensive... but it is quite an outlay... hmmm decisions...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
thought i just get the box to implode or whatever ot get a revised one lol ;)