ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exporting emails from Outlook Web Access

Does anybody know how to export emails from Outlook Web Access into Outlook Express?

I can't get Microsoft Outlook to work hence why I'm using Outlook Express.

SLK250 CDI
Don't think you can TBH, you'd be better off trying to get your Exchange server settings into Outlook to make it work?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Can't. You'd need to get hold of Outlook or speak to your friendly IT staff and have them Exmerge it.

There's nothing wrong with it. I just can't get it to work. When it tries to open, it says it can't connect to the Microsoft Exchange, etc... and I've exhausted pretty much every option.

Better than yours. C*nt.
There's nothing wrong with it. I just can't get it to work. When it tries to open, it says it can't connect to the Microsoft Exchange, etc... and I've exhausted pretty much every option.

Then Outlook Express won't help you. It sounds like your IT department have blocked Outlook Anywhere (or rather, haven't enabled it).

Use webmail is your only option I'm afraid.

Well Outlook Express wont help in importing the information from Outlook Web Access but it does work as a default email program for now. I just need to find out why Outlook doesn't work and then if/when I can get it to work, I'll use Outlook to import the emails from OWA.

And there's no IT department as it's a stand alone computer. Maybe re-installing Outlook will solve it.

Better than yours. C*nt.
If it's an Exchange server (IE you're using Outlook Web Access) then you likely won't be enabled to access the box through POP3 as required to use Exchange mailboxes in Outlook Express.

Better than yours. C*nt.
This is such an ever so bizarre thread - guy with slight knowledge tries to take on the near impossible (plus completely missing the point of Exchange) and fails.

Sorry? Slight, if VERY little of Exchange... yes hence asking for advice.

So, by what you're saying, how come you're able to import email messages via Outlook Express from one of the following...

outlook_express.gif

Don't some of those work in the same way as Outlook Web Access? And if so, why isn't OWA listed on there as one of the programs that can be imported from?

Fiesta ST
Ask your email provider and see if you can use RPC over HTTP for exchange access and set up Outlook properly.

SLK250 CDI
OWA is just a web front end for Exchange. Like webmail that accesses your Exchange mailbox. Just get the Exchange server address, etc. and put it in Outlook!