ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas

Clio 172
First of all. Merry Christmas all.
I'm about to remove the engine on my Clio road rally car build. So while its out was thinking of going epas. I would like to know what the benefits are of this (if any) sort from having a manual adjuster. I mean in terms of reliability and drivability. Thanks

Clio 172
Did do a search first and did have a look at the above. But nobody actually states the benefits. Other than the obvious weight reduction. Thanks

dan's cast offs.
weight reduction is negligible, steering might feel a tiny bit more precise with the rack being solid mounted, hard to say how much is psychological though. main benefit is engine doesn't have to run the pump, again possibly psychological but engine seems to rev a little bit easier??

advantages are it gets rid of a load of clutter under the bonnet and it's one less thing to leak!!

172 Ph1
IMHO , the only reason I'm doing it is because I want to eliminate any PAS pump and prevent fluid failures under the bonnet that would then wreck the alternator , "belts" engine and generally don't want oil spills out on track that would cause a problem .

Clio 182
IMHO , the only reason I'm doing it is because I want to eliminate any PAS pump and prevent fluid failures under the bonnet that would then wreck the alternator , "belts" engine and generally don't want oil spills out on track that would cause a problem .

Happened to me. None of its needed on a track car to spoil the fun.