ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Temp Increasing too fast?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Not noticed this before, but how quick on average should my engine increase engine temp from cold? I noticed it was a bit quick this morning and then after work I timed it, just sat in the car for about 3mins and it was already on the 2nd spot on the dial. Maybe me being paranoid but I have never known it to increase temp that fast before.

Driving along it sits just below half way, and there is no decrease in performance to suggest head gasket is going. Coolant level is good too.

Also, I do have a tempermental temp sender to the dash (why they can't use the same one the ECU for the dash display I have no idea) as when it gets too hot like sat in traffic the needle drops to zero, then when it cools down it shoots back to where it should be. Fan does kick in when it should.

Is it me just being paranoid about this? Or is it normal to pick up temperature this fast?

monaco 172
Half way is where it should be at running temperature. F4r's do warm up quite fast. Its nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't go above half.

The needle shouldn't drop to zero when it gets too hot though, I'd say you might be worth buying a new coolant temp sensor . only about 20 quid

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Its just me then! Good!! Its just that I have never noticed it get hot this fast before.

yes, a new temperature sensor is on the list for things to buy next month!

I wish it was hot, its been proper cold in Reading this past week.

Mec 350 slk manual
On my ph 1 the temp sits just below the middle and in traffic it just goes above the middle