ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts

A SHED!

I fine that my gear stick moves on my 16v when I accelerate. It also clunks when I let off the gas quickly. Ive been told by Hill Power that a "mod dog bone mount will improve it" Has anyone had one of these fitted and if so are they any good?

Had the same problem with my gear stick... Thought it was a Clio thing at first as both of mine did it!

However at my last service they changed my gear box mount and all has been cured. Dunno about the Hill Power thing though mate...

Clio 1.8 16v

been through about 3 and i am on my uprated 1 now and this is the longest i have had 1 on for but u will still get a bit of movement in your stick!if it is not that then its ur gear box bearings were it joins to the stick thats what mine is doin at the moment!!!but from what you are saying its ur dog bone,but its worth gettin the rest checked as well mainly the gear box 1

clio 16v engine mounts are fairly short lived and in some peoples opinion not up to the task, aint tried uprated one, but since this is the mount that limits engine movement back and forward the most its bound to be worth a try.

Alex M

Willy2

I had mine changed when i put in the new exhaust and it has stopped the jumping out of 2nd, it makes a difference, but from all accounts they dont seem to last so i would go for a uprated one, if mine went again.

i have had all mounts changed the one on my gearbox went so i had a new one then the knocking noise came when i took my foot of the accelerator if you take your battery off the nut might be loose thats all mine was