ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elecric Window problem

v6
I've had this problem since I've had the car (a year!) but keep forgetting to sort it.

Basically, my passenger electric window won't operate unless I open the driver's door first! So I have to start engine, open driver's door, close driver's door then can lower the window. Bit of a hassle TBH.

Any ideas on where to start looking for a fault?

takin a wild guess here, loose connection in drivers door

I bet sum1 else on will have a betta idea

v6
I'm going to check tomorrow but pretty sure the passenger side button does nothing either until the door open/close routine :S

im not sure (and probs wrong) but im guessin it all goes through the drivers side first so if u got a loose connection on that side it wont work on the other either.

Megane dci 130
As panda said, have a look at the drivers door connection and take off the rubber grommet and look at the wireing inside.

v6
Had all the wiring out today and all seems to be fine, so it must be a poor earth. Troube is where the bugger is the earth!? I've got a Haynes manual and it's either one of two (E4 or E5).

172 Cup
Hi guys, just to let you know and for a bit of help myself, i've got the same sort of troubles too! I've just bought my 182 last Wednesday infact, but I too have noticed some problems with what I presume must be the electrics..

Electric windows... it's a bit different to the problem you've mentioned but it could possibly be the same cause, otherwise it might just be a standard Renault thing? Eitherway..when I turn the engine off, both doors shut, I can put the drivers side window up, but I can't put the passenger window up..unless I turn the ignition.

Other things I've noticed which I don't know are just standard Renault faults, cruise control for the majority of the time it has worked fine, but when the cruise control switch is on (switched to green) one time last week I just couldn't turn cruise control on at all, that is until I switched the engine off and then on, then it worked fine again!
Then another I noticed today...yes another, the CD Player/Radio wouldn't work at all (sat on FM) but wouldn't play anything or change stations or whatever...again until i switched the engine off and then on it was fine!

As I say it's not too much of a pain, just a little irritating sometimes so I was just wondering if these problems were standard Renault faults, or whether it's something to do with the wiring in my 182.

Thanks in advance!

v6
Electric windows... it's a bit different to the problem you've mentioned but it could possibly be the same cause, otherwise it might just be a standard Renault thing? Eitherway..when I turn the engine off, both doors shut, I can put the drivers side window up, but I can't put the passenger window up..unless I turn the ignition.

That does sound similar to my problem, which has miraculously cured itself today! Gotta be dodgy french wiring!

C

caz

That does sound similar to my problem, which has miraculously cured itself today! Gotta be dodgy french wiring!

same with mine - will only work for the drivers window! although mine now needs fixing as it fell out the other day as something broke inside...b*stard to have a fag!